The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Everbody Loves Raymond

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:18 am

Anyone watch this show? I love it. It reminds me of my family (What an original line) except for the Frank part -- my dad is the exact opposite of Frank.

However, I hear there latest season will be their last. It's a good show though, my favorites are Marie/Frank/Debra. I like Robert and Raymond too but the first three have more character.

Oh, and an unforgettable quote:

Ray: Mom! I said no lasagna! I'm serving odurves!

Marie: Well, why don't I just kill myself?

Correct my spelling of 'odurves' please.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:10 pm

I never used to like it, but I catch it in the mornings now, and it's really grown on me, and I love it. Awww, really? :( Poo.

I like Raymond and Robert. And Amy's brother. (I think that's who he is anyway. I'm sorry, I'm really new to the show, so I don't know all the characters that well. :oops:)

Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:11 am

The local Fox channel here runs reruns of it. And honestly I really don't like the show.
Yes there are funny moments, but I dunno... the whole show just irritates me. The way they treat Robert... the way the Grandmother treats the daughter-in-law... the way the Grandfather treats everyone.
It's supposed to be all funny but it just gets on my last nerve.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:48 am

My dad is a fan. I sort of like it, but sometimes they push it with their language and sexual talk..

I like it when Robert gets that one look on his face. :P

EDIT: Marie reminds me of my Grandmother on dad's side.. but Grandmother is sweeter. :P
Last edited by Kitten Medli on Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:58 pm

I only watched a few episodes of that.

My fruends told me to watch that because Ray's parents are the exact same as mine. After watching, I have to agree, it's like watching my parents on screen!

Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:53 pm

I used to watch it daily until the monotony of the show and the canned laughter got to me...

Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:14 pm

I don't like that show. It's my mum's favorite show though, and she says that you have to be in her age to understand it.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:25 pm

It's grating on me a bit now. :/ Parts of it are funny though. :)

Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:00 pm

ste_is_back wrote:I don't like that show. It's my mum's favorite show though, and she says that you have to be in her age to understand it.

Not necessarily. I'm a 16 year old guy and I understand it. It depends on if you think Frank saying "Holy Crap!" every episode is funny.

Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:05 pm

Its an OK show but its too cheesy for me to watch it everyday or even once a week :P

Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:19 am

I never watched it intill a month ago and now I watch it all the time. On my Dish netwrok they show is like 5 to 6 times a day all diffrent on diffrent channels so im getting caught up fast.:)

Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:26 am

xaviersxmen wrote:I never watched it intill a month ago and now I watch it all the time. On my Dish netwrok they show is like 5 to 6 times a day all diffrent on diffrent channels so im getting caught up fast.:)

No kidding. They show it here on TBS, OMNI 1, OMNI 2, CBS, Comedy Network, Global and some spanish channel. I watch it all the time. It's funny. I can never get enough of ELR.

Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:24 am

Best episode ever: when Marie crashes the car into the living room of the house. :D :lol:

Frank: Why didn't you let me drive?!?

Marie: His eyesight is going, he can't see!

Frank: I can see a house!

So there's a huge gap on the right side of the family room, and so Robbie opens up the kitchen door on the left side.

Robbie: Hey guys, I tried to get that cross-ventilation thing goin' here.

Re: Everbody Loves Raymond

Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:36 am

Hors d'oeuvres :P

I don't usually watch the show, I don't really mind it, but I usually end up changing the channel. ~:>

Re: Everbody Loves Raymond

Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:52 pm

gijinkagato wrote:

Hors d'oeuvres :P

Seriously the spelling makes more sense the way you wrote it Ammer :hug:

I like this show but I always want to shake Debra and ask her why on earth she is still married to that idiot.

Heh, I guess not everyone loves Raymond. I sure don't.
Topic locked