The big screen and the small screen... together at last! Hurrah!
Topic locked

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:13 pm

I GOT TO MAKE THE THREAD!!! *starts dancing*

So, did you get to watch it? It was pretty good. But I'm still angry Raven lipsynced. :x

Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:09 pm

In Las Vegas, we're still watching it. It's really cool, especially the musical numbers. Remember, they're lipsyncing because they're on a float, and sometimes you can tell because the music we're hearing might be synced differently than what they're hearing.

Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:06 pm

I only watched it for the marching bands. And the giant balloons. :P

Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:38 pm

I actually remember being there a few years ago... On more then one thanksgiving.

Although from the pictures I saw, it looked like quite an event.

Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:23 am

My friend was supposed to be in one of the broadway shows they always have in the beginning in front of Macy's. But I missed the first 10 minutes so I think I missed him :(

Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:30 am

Considering I'm in Canada, I didn't see it.

And I think the only reason starts would lypsync is because of the immense crowd and noise. The star won't be able to be heard. I don't have anything against it in this particular situation.

Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:31 am

TiggersHB wrote:My friend was supposed to be in one of the broadway shows they always have in the beginning in front of Macy's. But I missed the first 10 minutes so I think I missed him :(

Do you know what musical he was in by chance? Most of the musicals were in the first hour.

Ammer wrote:And I think the only reason starts would lypsync is because of the immense crowd and noise. The star won't be able to be heard. I don't have anything against it in this particular situation.

The Barenaked Ladies didn't lipsync because they had a full band, Ryan Cabrera (sp?) was playing the guitar with someone...but you do have a point. There was about 4.6 million at the parade, according to Al Roker.

Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:12 pm

DM was on fire wrote:The Barenaked Ladies didn't lipsync because they had a full band, Ryan Cabrera (sp?) was playing the guitar with someone...but you do have a point. There was about 4.6 million at the parade, according to Al Roker.

One question. how did you know she was lypsyncing?

Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:03 am

Ammer wrote:
DM was on fire wrote:The Barenaked Ladies didn't lipsync because they had a full band, Ryan Cabrera (sp?) was playing the guitar with someone...but you do have a point. There was about 4.6 million at the parade, according to Al Roker.

If you know songs really well you can tell if the singers voice sounds even a little different from how it was recorded in the studio. :P

Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:22 am

Kitten Medli wrote:
Ammer wrote:

If you know songs really well you can tell if the singers voice sounds even a little different from how it was recorded in the studio. :P

Plus, with one of the earlier broadway shows the actors weren't moving their lips exactly to the sounds being played for a little while.

Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:47 am

DiscordantNote wrote:
Kitten Medli wrote:
Ammer wrote:

Plus, with one of the earlier broadway shows the actors weren't moving their lips exactly to the sounds being played for a little while.

Good point. The background track played a few seconds before Fantasia opened her mouth during her song.

Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:59 pm

I saw about..3 minutes of it. The only float I got to see was the Little Bill one XD.

But most years I usually watch nearly the whole thing. It's a super cool sight.
Topic locked