Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:00 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Look, I'm not going to argue with anyone who has the majority of public opinion behind them to substantiate their claims. You are also regarding what I said with a little bit too much conviction - I dont really care that he was injured on a pure-bred horse on his private estate - But I do admire that he did actually do something that could help huge numbers of people, now and in years to come. But he didnt entirely out of the good of his heart, did he. Don't take that with any weight behind it, either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:22 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

:( :(

At least smallville is still on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:57 pm 

skizzy the wonder lizard wrote:
Skullsplitter wrote:
I'm of the Maddoxian opinion to an extent. That doesn't mean I seek to undermine the actual work he's done for stem cell research, I just dont approve of the bandwagon "OMG SUCH A HERO" talk that people anxious to keep up with popular opinion give off.

Sorry for his family and the fact he never got to "achieve his dream"
:(

of all famous people, christopher reeve was probably one of the most deserving of the title "hero." i am almost certain that had he lived, he would have walked again. he fought and worked and never gave up, and gave hope to so many people by both example and in his work.

this isn't a bandwagon. this is real respect for someone who, for once, truly deserves it.

I can tell you as a point of fact, from my work in college with Mr. Reeve's physician in St. Louis, Dr. John McDonald, that he would never have walked again.

However, I'm comfortable labeling him a hero, for the singular reason that he took a personal tragedy and turned it into an effort to improve the plights of many people. That alone makes him worthy of adulation. His willingness to keep fighting and trying new things, to be a trendsetter in terms of the work that patients with spinal cord injuries can do for themselves, cannot be overstated.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2