Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 1:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

which types of books do you like reading?
Horror 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Myths and Legends 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fantasy 67%  67%  [ 20 ]
Modern 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Medieval types... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Love 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Plays...if that counts 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 30
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I prefer realistic fiction [like To Kill a Mockingbird] or non-fiction novels [Sophie's World] or historical fiction. I'm not much of a fantasy person, and I can't stand British classics like Jane Eyre.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I love mystery, ie. Agatha Christie. I'll read pretty much anything though. Like Star said I read things for the writing, not the genre.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I read many different genres. If i want to buy a book in Ottokar's/Waterstone's, i just head for 'Young Adult' or 'Classics' and pick something, pretty randomly.

The things I don't like to read are long 19th century novels like Wuthering Heights. Boredom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:19 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Hey Hey, I am the first person to vote for "Horror"! :) That is my ultimate favorite type of books. I also enjoy Fantasy and True Crime.

set by Nikita

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:40 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I love reading about people in real life situations. You learn about many different types of people and how they deal with different situations. It's interesting to see how characters in books relate to you and those around you in real life. If the characters seem real, you really empthasise with them.

So modern books about realistic situations are my favourite.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:12 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Oooh I almost forgot, I like romance and diary books too. I spend most of my computer time on PPT, but otherwise I reading fanfiction. Does that count?

Image Thanksies Dawn, sorry I didn't see it before. ^___^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 3:48 pm 

:) thankyou for your votes guys! They're really helpfl ^_^ sorry I haven't got the ones you wanted on the poll also...as I said before, I'm bad at doing polls :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 4:20 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Is it too late to post on this topic? :roll: My favourite book genres are fantasy, and modern, realistic fiction. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:21 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Fantasy and medieval stuff... Problem is, a lot of people have been selling things just because it's fantasy, they can make any crap they want so sometimes it's hard to find the good stuff, like LOTR and Harry Potter.

The only time I'll read history books is if they're interesting (I have never yet found a good history book besides Horrible Histories, The Very Bloody History of Britain, and this one thing called What Life was Like Among Druids and High Kings). Most history books are horribly boring and only make up for it in pictures.

But I love those little teensy books for kids about new pets, specifically cats, dogs, gerbils, hampsters and horses, the first four of which I have experience with. They say things like "don't pull Kitty's tail", but I just want to write in the consequences, like "Or Kitty will take her claws to the hand pulling her tail and you will have a bleeding stump of a clawed wrist where your hand once was". :lol:
Dogs: "You can take your dog on nice, long walks as you both enjoy a slow stroll through the park." My addition: "Unless your dog is a Siberian Husky or other sled-pulling dog, in which case you'll take him on long, painful walks which involve dragging across the asphalt until you bleed enough to attract a mountain lion..."
Gerbils: "When you get your gerbil trained up, he'll be sociable, friendly and nice." My addition: "Before he's trained, he'll be an absolute nightmare and bite all your fingers off."
Hampsters: "When you first take him home, make sure he has a clean cage." My addition: "Because you want him to be happy, as he'll die in three weeks very suddenly."
Horses: "Approach a horse slowly, as horses are easily spooked." My addition: "Especially by Nazgul."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:04 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Favorite Cheese: Brie de Meaux, Red Leicester and Wensleydale.
I love reading horror stories eg. Dracula and I also love reading autobiographies books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:16 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I read modern, history, and old classic books.

Lovely Set By _jaye_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:12 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
I read everything, though it has to be taken in context by saying that there are books that i'll read and like from each genre but there are others I dont.

I read alot of History (Ancient to the Cold War...anything!), alot of Sci Fi and Fantasy, and the occasional Horror, Love, Politics, Murder, whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:55 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I guess I'm for modern type books. o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:04 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I mostly read sci-fi and fantasy, though I'll really read about anything that's well written or handed to me when I have nothing else to read. I'm easy to please. =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:25 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Another type of book I just realised I read (yes, I have a shocking memory), is modern day books. For instance, The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants - I just pulled that off the top of my head. I'm a sucker for those kinds of books, as they draw me in easily because I can relate.

Gone, forever.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next