Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Skynetmain wrote:
The book club/Others' perspective was definitely the best part of the episode... that and seeing Sawyer in a cage, but that was just comic relief.

I do want to point out: the book they were reading was by Stephen King and as we all know, King is a huge Lost fan. Tribute to King or hidden plot point?

Did anyone catch what book it was? I missed that part.

my first original set!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:12 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Hmm I'm apparently one of the only ones who really really enjoyed this episode. But, I think it's because I'm not as turned off by the Sawyer-Kate-Jack focus. I actually like them as characters. They aren't my favourites, but I don't mind that they are the ones captured.

I guess the thing that kinda bugs me is that they all have similar enough personalities that they are going to be fairly predictable when captured and do all of the cliches (i.e. lashing out and all that). I think that only Hurley, Claire or Sun would have given a unique and different version of the "helpless captive".

The thing with the Others that really gets to me, and why I loved this episode so much, is that we have no idea how much is part of their little game and how much is genuine. Julie's showing signs that she actually cares about Jack, but that could very well be an act (although, with the scene with her at the beginning of the episode, I'm going to say that she will probalby genuinely feel bad). Jack's whole escape attempt could be and probably was all anticipated and staged. Everything that Jack, Sawyer and Kate do is probably all part of the Others' plans, which is really creepy.

Everything they showed this episode was important to giving off that creepy feeling, and it would have not been as effective had they switched between the Others' camp and the Survivors' Camp, so I'm glad that they just focused on Jack, Sawyer and Kate this episode. We'll see everyone else next week. Sure Jack's flashback was kinda boring, but whatever. It's the only fault I can find with the episode, and it's not a big one.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:52 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I was just thinking...Jack Sawyer and Kate seem to be in some kind of zoo. Jacks in an aquarium and the other two are in bear cages. I have always wondered about the polar bear from season one that Sawyer shot. Now I guess he came from the zoo that was once there.....
Now why would there be a zoo on this island? Animal testing maybe?

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:18 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

thelilbear wrote:
Skynetmain wrote:
The book club/Others' perspective was definitely the best part of the episode... that and seeing Sawyer in a cage, but that was just comic relief.

I do want to point out: the book they were reading was by Stephen King and as we all know, King is a huge Lost fan. Tribute to King or hidden plot point?

Carrie, apparently.

The first scene was amazing. I was so confused trying to work out who the blonde was, and then when they went outside and we saw the plane..

Wow.

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: THE HEART OF DARKNESS. *ominous drums* Haha, just kidding, I'm stalking you. :D
Alex wrote:
thelilbear wrote:
Skynetmain wrote:

Carrie, apparently.

The first scene was amazing. I was so confused trying to work out who the blonde was, and then when they went outside and we saw the plane..

Wow.

Yes, definitely Carrie- a few of us spent a little while digging until we found a clear screenshot of one of the book club members holding a copy.

I agree with you on the first scene. I saw the woman and immediately racked my brain for who she might be. "OMG IT'S DESMOND'S EX-GIRLFRIEND!!!" "No, wait SHE'S JACK'S EX-WIFE." "OMG JACK'S WIFE IS ON THE ISLAND." etc. Clearly, Lost withdrawal made me forget what certain minor characters look like. :P

can't find the sig from this set, so instead, you get a <3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:07 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Skynetmain wrote:

Henry also asked for a King book while locked up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

ok, so I just finished tonights episode but stupid ASN took over for ABC and cut off the last few minutes. It stopped in the middle of Jack watching the Game. Can somebody please tell me what happened after this. Did it just end or did Ben say anything to him?

So far I am unimpressed with this season. It seems like nothing much is happening.....I know it's only the 2nd episode but still, get on with it!

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I found this episode miles better than last week's premiere, but I still feel that the show has a ways to go before regaining my full trust. Great to see another Sun/Jin episode, cause those ones always seem to have the most complexity. Liked the fact that there was minimal Jack, and the fact that Sawyer and Kate got tossed around. Heh... Glad to see Rousseau's daughter too. Yay continuity!

Ben offered to take Jack "home" (back to the real world) if Jack would follow his instructions to come. Kinda like Michael and Walt. I'd still like the show to give me a good reason why the Others are so needlessly cruel though. Not that I necessarily need answers, but they need to give a few more clues. Other than that, the Others plot is really plodding. They were better when they were all mysterious and in the shadows! :P

Speaking of which, answers nevertheless would be nice. This episode was good on its own, unlike last week's, but it didn't seem to move the plot forward at all. Other things I didn't like...Sayid being so strangely stubborn for this episode (to the point where it didn't even seem like him), and the whole Big Brother/psychological aspect where Ben's watching Kate and Sawyer on camera. I really don't wanna see the show take that direction. Oh, and Kate seems to have found herself in yet another hostage situation. -_-

Well, I'm definitely tuning in next week cause of the previews. They were a little too detailed though.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I loved this episode. Sun and Jin always have great (and as said above, complex) stories. Are they in love, aren't they in love, what do they know about each other... it's all great.

Sun totally pushed the man out of the window, right?

That's what the point of showing the necklace was, I think. And then the Other woman said "I know you wouldn't kill anyone, Sun" and Sun looked at her like "You don't know me that well then" and then ended up shooting her, showing little regret afterwards. I love how they are taking Sun, who comes off as one of the more pure characters, as having another side. It's great. And then Jin, who we were initially introduced to as an opressive husband is now coming off in a more sympathetic light.

I loved the scenes with Jack, Sawyer and Kate, also. I wonder if they will meet up with Cindy and the other Tailies that were taken. Great to see Alexandra again, and I love how Juliette is shown to be bad news when Sawyer recognized that she wouldn't hesitate to have shot Kate. And that kiss... "You taste like fish biscuits"... great!

This season is not disappointing me in the least. Next week we are back at the camp, which will be great.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Just wondering but what happened to Locke the last time we saw him?

Image Set-poala

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:21 am 

Blk Mage wrote:
Just wondering but what happened to Locke the last time we saw him?

Locke was in the hatch when it went asplode. I'm glad we're going to see more of the

Spoiler wrote:
MONSTER

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Los Osos, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Moogum wrote:
Sun totally pushed the man out of the window, right?

That is what I thought too. My dad claims it was a suicide, but I still think it was Sun. She can be tough and evil too.

Set by Cukupan
Ohayo Nippon every Sunday at LW
I *heart* R
I'm on a boat like a boss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:50 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
It was so satisfying to see one of the others finally get shot. I was sitting there going 'STUFF KATE! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:07 am 

Nobody has anything to say about the new episode? Nobody?

I thought it was a little out there. I mean, Locke is kinda weird, but being part of a hippie drug colony seems a little out of character for him. Maybe that's why he tried so hard to get Charlie to quit.

I was also glad to see Boone come back. That was a great guest appearance.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It was a good episode and had its merits. I just wish I had that level of excitement after the episode that I used to have watching S1 and 2. Wonder where it's gone.

Boone's appearance was fun. Even though his name in the credits pretty much spoiled it, I was still very surprised to see him where he popped up, and couldn't recognise him with that haircut. I'm not a big fan of Locke though- time and time again, his flashbacks prove how gullible he is. His jump from city guy into grow-op dude was a little awkward to me though.

The polar bear thing...while I'm happy it was finally addressed (after an entire season gap!), it wasn't very satisfying. Kinda weird for a polar bear to be living in a tropical cave and dragging victims in for food. Not weird as in Lost-weird (the good kind), but weird as in preposterous.

Hurley and Charlie provided some nice comic relief (Charlie got a little annoying though...), and the psychic Desmond thing sounds mildly interesting, though something I'm not all over.

The new characters...eh. They've been on this island for 65+ days, and it feels very disjointed to have people suddenly start appearing and talking all "Where's Jack?" and "What happened?!" I would've preferred a slightly more gradual introduction, like Rose and Bernard (where are they?).

Claire gave me a few huh moments. How did she get so close to Charlie again, all of a sudden? Why wasn't she very concerned about the implosion, and why weren't any other people? I think she also asked Charlie to ask Locke about the hatch or something- why couldn't she do it herself?

I was very glad that the episode had no Others, Jack, Kate, or Sawyer though! I still lament for the days the Others were mysterious. Yeah, I'm bitter about the show, but I only rant because I still care. :P

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next