Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:46 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Awesome movie.
Awesome site.

I must say though... I learned the hard way not to watch the movie when I'm alone and depressed.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:29 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I'm proudly English and a Donnie Darko fan. I loved the ending...probably one of the most enjoyable movies I've ever watched. And right up there in my top ten.

Yes...Frank and Donnie's state of mind in general made for something disturbing. What was the symbology in the end, when Frank takes off his mask? I never quite "got" that, if anyone could help me out.

otherwise known as the one who left PPT...and now lurks. *evil laughter*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:37 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
All my friends have seen it and I need to but I cant find the bloody movie anywhere ;_;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Christopher wrote:
All my friends have seen it and I need to but I cant find the bloody movie anywhere ;_;

I see it all the time on Starz and HBO. If you don't get those, and you can't find it anywhere, too bad. :( Good movie. Well... great movie. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:33 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

simsman24000 wrote:
Christopher wrote:

I see it all the time on Starz and HBO. If you don't get those, and you can't find it anywhere, too bad. :( Good movie. Well... great movie. XD

it was on hbo last night! i saw it!
it has an amazing soundtrack. and such a wierd plot. with the rabbit and all... *headache*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:25 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
simsman24000 wrote:
Christopher wrote:

No matter how many times I say so, nobody believes I live in New Zealand :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:20 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

*ahem* SPOILER!

The Ending of Donnie Darko Explained by HBB: Frank purposely missed the old lady who was just then reading Donnie's letter, fufilling her function as a manipulated living. The girlfriend had to get run over so she could become a manipluated dead so Donnie would kill Frank so he would join her as a manipulated dead, leaving Donnie having to fufill his function. When the mother and the daughter took off in the plane, they ended the secondary dimension, made out of the fourth dimensional construct. They would've had to of left or existance would cease to be, for it would prove that time is fallible. The world did end, as Frank so boldly put it, but only the secondary dimension, Donnie had to fufill his function by dying so that the dimension could be destroyed. If the motivational dude, and the english teacher both acted as manipulated livings one by dropping his card so that Donnie would be able to burn the house, and the other by quoting Tolkien by saying the thing about the cellar door, which played out its role as well as you can see. The Manipulated Living and the Manipulated Dead HAD to do whatever they could to kill Donnie, as it was the only way to end the secondary dimension. Really, if you look at one thing, any thing during the movie, you can see a chain reaction in the rest of the film, and that's what this longwinded thing was about anyway, I'm a little rusty on my names, so forgive me ;)

*edit*
[color=black]As for the recognition between the mother and the girlfriend at the end of the movie, Donnie's relationship with her, and the mother's relationship with her ONLY existed in the secondary dimension, when it was destroyed and the primary plane was functioning, they only knew each other for a brief instant, as the secondary dimension slowly died with Donnie. And Frank taking off his mask is really just letting us know who he is and his function to be a prophet to Donnie, once again acting as a manipulated dead and living, he had to die to become the rabbit, you see, time has no meaning between dimensions, and he had to die in the secondary dimension to contact donnie just before the plane crash/it was created to be a prophet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:50 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

that movie has so much thinking material, and it all culminates with all those dimensions. i figured that, since frank is really already dead, and he is behind the invisible screen (in the bathroom scene/s), once donnie dies he enters that "realm" too. notice that he tries to break through with a knife- which could also be used to kill oneself.

the movie also has astrology in it. according to chinese astrology, the rabbit is in its last reincarnation- people in the year of the rabbit cannot be born again, their soul is officially dead after they physically die. when theyre in the movie theatre, donnie asks frank why he wont take off the bunny suit, and frank asks donnie the same thing- "why dont you take off that human suit" and donnie says "i cant". so, donnie is just a reincarnation of a spirit, and he must die to free that spirit, possibly to be reborn in the year of the rabbit.

*gasp for air*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:51 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Emy-chan wrote:
I'm proudly English and a Donnie Darko fan. I loved the ending...probably one of the most enjoyable movies I've ever watched. And right up there in my top ten.

Yes...Frank and Donnie's state of mind in general made for something disturbing. What was the symbology in the end, when Frank takes off his mask? I never quite "got" that, if anyone could help me out.

you mean symbolism? :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2