Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:26 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Yoshi wrote:
It was a good episode and had its merits. I just wish I had that level of excitement after the episode that I used to have watching S1 and 2. Wonder where it's gone.

Boone's appearance was fun. Even though his name in the credits pretty much spoiled it, I was still very surprised to see him where he popped up, and couldn't recognise him with that haircut. I'm not a big fan of Locke though- time and time again, his flashbacks prove how gullible he is. His jump from city guy into grow-op dude was a little awkward to me though.

The polar bear thing...while I'm happy it was finally addressed (after an entire season gap!), it wasn't very satisfying. Kinda weird for a polar bear to be living in a tropical cave and dragging victims in for food. Not weird as in Lost-weird (the good kind), but weird as in preposterous.

Hurley and Charlie provided some nice comic relief (Charlie got a little annoying though...), and the psychic Desmond thing sounds mildly interesting, though something I'm not all over.

The new characters...eh. They've been on this island for 65+ days, and it feels very disjointed to have people suddenly start appearing and talking all "Where's Jack?" and "What happened?!" I would've preferred a slightly more gradual introduction, like Rose and Bernard (where are they?).

Claire gave me a few huh moments. How did she get so close to Charlie again, all of a sudden? Why wasn't she very concerned about the implosion, and why weren't any other people? I think she also asked Charlie to ask Locke about the hatch or something- why couldn't she do it herself?

I was very glad that the episode had no Others, Jack, Kate, or Sawyer though! I still lament for the days the Others were mysterious. Yeah, I'm bitter about the show, but I only rant because I still care. :P

I completely agree on all counts.....

~Zilary - No, thats not me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

susannahmio wrote:
I completely agree on all counts.....

Me too.

Although I think the polar bears have been explained when we see where Kate and Sawyer are. The Other's facility was some kind of zoo.

But man, the new Survivors were so random. They looked so out of place.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:54 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The episode was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be- some parts were interesting.

Sawyer getting beat up was nice (just cause I hate J/K/S), but after awhile, I really cringed. The violence just became too much, and I feel that the show seriously needs the Others to demonstrate why they're NOT the enemy yet they can torture everyone and keep them in cages. It's very taxing to watch week after week.

[edit] Reading up on a different forum, one poster there brings up an excellent point:
Graphic Maniac wrote:
"We're not killers, Saywer."

OH REALLY?

- Ethan hangs Charlie to die.
- Ethan, in cold blood, breaks Scott/Steve's arms, legs, fingers and then snaps his neck.

- Goodwin snaps Nathan(?)'s neck just to throw people off suspecting him of being the mole.
- The Others on the boat shoot Sawyer, and blow up the raft, presumably leaving everyone to die.
- Ben and associates murder the REAL Henry Gale, but not before "interrogating" him.

Exactly how are the Others NOT murderers? And let's not forget all of the kidnapping, assault, and stealing people's children.

Also VERY irked with the rabbit-cage shaking. Plot, schmot- poor thing really didn't deserve that!

I did like the pacemaker psych though. Sawyer acted just as I'd think someone in that situation would. I'll admit I was a little disappointed when they said it was a fake- sure, they had me following all along, but I kinda wanted Sawyer to die. :P Surprisingly, Jack and Kate were tolerable today- none of the lines seemed contrived, and Jack didn't go into angry outburst mode.

The flashback was fine too, cause even though there was a con, it seemed vastly different from past flashbacks, unlike Jack's or Locke's. One notable thing that fell flat though was the whole "you have a daughter" thing- that never works for me.

The second island thing did not make any sense to me, and I find it a rather poor choice of plot twist. This basically contradicts the aerial shot from the premiere of the Others' village (unless the possibility that they have multiple villages exists), how Michael got to them before, and the fact that there hasn't been any mention of it before. I mean...none of the core cast members have seen it, but none of the Tailies, who lived on the opposite end of the island, saw it either. I'm also skeptical of how Sun, Jin, and Sayid didn't see it when they were in close proximity to the dock, which theoretically should face the second island. This whole thing seems as bad as the daughter thing.

The moment at the cliff was slightly puzzling too. Sawyer could've jumped off the cliff or at least pushed Benry off. That's not really a gripe though, just wishful thinking. Heh.

Onto the part of the show I care about more- main island. So Desmond saved Claire by being psychic. Hmm. Again, I didn't like the abrupt appearance by the new Lostaway.

It's been four episodes, and we haven't been given any information about Penelope. Even though this was a better episode, I'm still sick of the direction the Others plot is going, I still want to see other characters in their "ensemble cast" (which seems more like three main characters and a slew of guest appearances), and I'd really like some answers, plzkthx. I'm not even sure if I'm watching the same show.

Once again, the previews make me feel like I'm wrong and I really really really hope I am.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:08 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Lost Season 3 Startsin the UK this November, on Sky 1.
Which means it's not on Terrestrial TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Yoshi wrote:
The episode was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be- some parts were interesting.

Sawyer getting beat up was nice (just cause I hate J/K/S), but after awhile, I really cringed. The violence just became too much, and I feel that the show seriously needs the Others to demonstrate why they're NOT the enemy yet they can torture everyone and keep them in cages. It's very taxing to watch week after week.

[edit] Reading up on a different forum, one poster there brings up an excellent point:
Graphic Maniac wrote:
"We're not killers, Saywer."

OH REALLY?

- Ethan hangs Charlie to die.
- Ethan, in cold blood, breaks Scott/Steve's arms, legs, fingers and then snaps his neck.

- Goodwin snaps Nathan(?)'s neck just to throw people off suspecting him of being the mole.
- The Others on the boat shoot Sawyer, and blow up the raft, presumably leaving everyone to die.
- Ben and associates murder the REAL Henry Gale, but not before "interrogating" him.

Exactly how are the Others NOT murderers? And let's not forget all of the kidnapping, assault, and stealing people's children.

Also VERY irked with the rabbit-cage shaking. Plot, schmot- poor thing really didn't deserve that!

I did like the pacemaker psych though. Sawyer acted just as I'd think someone in that situation would. I'll admit I was a little disappointed when they said it was a fake- sure, they had me following all along, but I kinda wanted Sawyer to die. :P Surprisingly, Jack and Kate were tolerable today- none of the lines seemed contrived, and Jack didn't go into angry outburst mode.

The flashback was fine too, cause even though there was a con, it seemed vastly different from past flashbacks, unlike Jack's or Locke's. One notable thing that fell flat though was the whole "you have a daughter" thing- that never works for me.

The second island thing did not make any sense to me, and I find it a rather poor choice of plot twist. This basically contradicts the aerial shot from the premiere of the Others' village (unless the possibility that they have multiple villages exists), how Michael got to them before, and the fact that there hasn't been any mention of it before. I mean...none of the core cast members have seen it, but none of the Tailies, who lived on the opposite end of the island, saw it either. I'm also skeptical of how Sun, Jin, and Sayid didn't see it when they were in close proximity to the dock, which theoretically should face the second island. This whole thing seems as bad as the daughter thing.

The moment at the cliff was slightly puzzling too. Sawyer could've jumped off the cliff or at least pushed Benry off. That's not really a gripe though, just wishful thinking. Heh.

Onto the part of the show I care about more- main island. So Desmond saved Claire by being psychic. Hmm. Again, I didn't like the abrupt appearance by the new Lostaway.

It's been four episodes, and we haven't been given any information about Penelope. Even though this was a better episode, I'm still sick of the direction the Others plot is going, I still want to see other characters in their "ensemble cast" (which seems more like three main characters and a slew of guest appearances), and I'd really like some answers, plzkthx. I'm not even sure if I'm watching the same show.

Once again, the previews make me feel like I'm wrong and I really really really hope I am.

I agree with alot of that, this episode was better than th eother ones but they really need to get on with some explanations. I liked it better before the others were "real" people. When they were scary and unknown.

So now Desmond is psychic because he tuened the key? Why? it was only a big magnet. would that make you psychic?

Sawyers stuff was good, but i'm glad the whole pacemaker thing wasn't real. I mean is it really that easy to install a pacemaker with just a little slice on the chest? I was shaking my head saying "thats just ridiculous" when he was told about the pace maker. It would have been a nice twist if it was real but it just seemed to easy the way they did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:17 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Setekh wrote:

Will it eventually air on C4?

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:53 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Theories to Desmond being psychic? By turning the key he was in the middle of a huge blast of magnetic field energy. That could have messed with the electricity in his brain enough to jumpstart a part of it or something (wow that was a horrible explanation I am definitely going to fail my Brain and Behaviour midterm on Tuesday).

I liked the episode. I was kind of hoping that Colleen would live, just so that Sun wouldn't be a murderer. But alas, now I fear for Sun's life. Jack's smart creating doubt with Juliette, but somehow I think she is too smart for that. I'd be expecting it.

The random new Survivors are just weird though. I mean, I know that it's a great way to introduce more characters on the show, but it's just weird. Where have these people been for the past 2 seasons? It would have been nice to see them a lot more and not just have them introduced and say "Oh yeah... no these people were really on the island the whole time they just were never part of the main crew or the extras that we showed..."

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:04 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Ooo and he predicted rain, and lightning, and damaged roof - the plot certainly thickened.

Loads of people get disappointed by Lost and other programs too, but I just don't see anything wrong with it - I guess I'm the audience they're appealing for, heh :P

ImageImage

Boom-shaka-laka! Rawr come and join us in the Randomness
Sig Halloween'd by Tom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:24 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Uhh.

Alright, can someone please explain to me what went on with Desmond? I missed the first five minutes of the show, so all I gathered was he made a lightening rod with a golf club.

And was it just me or was it a little too convienient that Kate could just climb out of her cage so easy? Like, duuuuh...

And for whatever reason, I really liked the scene where they brought Jack out and Kate was all "It's Jack!" and they were yelling for him but the sirens were going... That was cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:46 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

short question.

how many episodes of season 3 have been aired so far?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:56 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Jen wrote:
Uhh.

Alright, can someone please explain to me what went on with Desmond? I missed the first five minutes of the show, so all I gathered was he made a lightening rod with a golf club.

And was it just me or was it a little too convienient that Kate could just climb out of her cage so easy? Like, duuuuh...

And for whatever reason, I really liked the scene where they brought Jack out and Kate was all "It's Jack!" and they were yelling for him but the sirens were going... That was cool.

Nothing really "happened" with Desmond. he just went up to Claire and asked her if he could fix her roof and she could go sleep further down the beach for the night. he knew that lightening was going to strike her tent because he is a little psychic now. Her and Charlie said no though. Desmond didn't tell them why he wanted them to move for the night.

Quote:
how many episodes of season 3 have been aired so far?

there have been 4 episodes on so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:17 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Anoohilator wrote:
Setekh wrote:

Presumably so, but dont hold your breath on anything any time soon i'm afraid.
Sky does tend to do this, buy up a show in its third or fourth season.
Did it with 24 too as I recall (Not that I cared, as I didn't like that show and Have sky in my room anyway) but I can immagine how annoying it must be. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:06 am 

Setekh wrote:
Anoohilator wrote:
Setekh wrote:

Presumably so, but dont hold your breath on anything any time soon i'm afraid.
Sky does tend to do this, buy up a show in its third or fourth season.
Did it with 24 too as I recall (Not that I cared, as I didn't like that show and Have sky in my room anyway) but I can immagine how annoying it must be. :(

If you're not getting LOST in the UK, you can always watch it for free at ABC.com -- the episodes are usually on there a day after they air here in the US, so you can get them on Thursdays.

IDB Rater, Pink Inker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

SPOILERS FOR TONIGHTS EPISODE

Quote:
What the heck is that smoke and how can it do what it does and why did they kill Eko?

And whats with the new lostaways again? now they are going on adventures? I don't really mind, I like meeting new characters.

All in all I thought this was the best episode of the season so far. More intrigue and questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Regarding the spoiler you posted, susannah, I am so angry about that. Grr. So not fair. :x :cry: It's almost enough to make me not want to watch anymore. But I probably will.

my first original set!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next