Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Simpsons Movie
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:02 pm 

I am sooooo excited to see this movie! Can't wait! I'm seeing it soon and then buying it on DVD.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:21 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I love that many of the old writers are working on it. I think they asked all of the older ones except Conan (Because...come on...he has more important things to worry about now).

What I liked about the classic episodes - around seasons 1-8 (and some of 9) was that the story was the most important part, and the jokes came naturally and weren't forced. Now, the stories are often really bizarre and the writers seem to care more about the jokes - which aren't very good now anyways. Also, the pop-culture references are lame. The Simpsons is better than Family Guy, and they can do better than that. Basically, the quality of the episodes suffers. I know it's hard to come up with new ideas after 400 episodes, but come on...with all the money they make off of it, they can get better writers.

I'm seeing this movie on Friday. I don't care that I have to wait until the evening and will have to pay like $9.25 for a ticket. It looks very promising. Supposedly it took 4 years to write and has been revised and rewritten dozens of times. It better be good.

I'm sorry about the mini rant XD. I've just been watching it all of my life, and for a long time, it was the only show I watched.

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:39 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

WIS wrote:
I love the Spiderpig. xD I also like the part where Ralph was standing in the 20th Century Fox thing singing "Da da da da da, da da da da da" to the fanfare.

New Spiderpig commerical :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XY_xiPVEBs8

"Can he sling from a web? No, he can't he's a pig." :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My brother saw an early screening of the movie and liked it.

He said it was hilarious, and here's a small spoiler,

One character dies. I didn't ask who as I don't want to know.

Set by Medli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:12 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I heard about that too, and I found out who it is. It's nobody important and since the show is so horribly inconsistent, the person probably won't really be dead and will be back next season. I'll have to see it first though. I'm going tomorrow!

It's Dr. Nick. IMO, they should have killed off Gil instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:00 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
I really liked it. Can't say I adored it with every fiber of my being, but I liked it. It's got a real "extended episode" feel to it, as I expected, but it's also got quite a few jokes that were either A) things that the Fox censors nixed for various reasons or B) revenge for other things Fox has done to the Simpsons.
However, three seconds of the movie may have traumatized me for life. You'll probably be able to tell which three seconds if you see it yourself.
Albert Brooks' character was new and fairly vital to the plot, and Green day and Tom Hanks have nice little cameos, but the vast majority of the voices are done by the core cast or a few regulars(like Russi Taylor and Karl Wiedergott). This was not a parade of celebrities. I liked that about it.
Phil Hartman is still sorely missed. Troy McClure or Lionel Hutz would've given this movie even more of that spark that made The Simpsons in its first seasons.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:34 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
The whole audience couldn't stop laughing the whole way through, and neither could I.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:32 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Was definitely better than I expected, I was worried it was going to be overhyped. My friend went in saying that she'd better laugh at least 12 times or she'd be demanding her money back - we had that happen within the first 10 minutes, haha.

Amusing moment..
When they had the 'To be continued..' part of the movie, a bunch of teeny boppers started complaining. Few seconds later, when the 'Immediately' showed up, some guy at the back just screamed out 'GULLIBLE!' XD

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:24 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I thought it was alright. Some funny stuff, a bit too surreal in parts. Goodish.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh man.
That was a great movie.

Spiderpig and Bart on a skateboard.
Wow.

the greatest love story never told.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:52 am 

I just got back from it, it was great, it was better then I expected, including the credits

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I loved it. There were so many good parts and none of it was dull (although the first half hour was probably funnier than the rest of the movie). I don't even know how to describe it without giving too much away. Just go see it! It's way better than the current episodes!

I'm a bit upset that they cut Sideshow Bob from the movie though. Otherwise, it was the best movie I've seen all year!

Also, stay for the credits!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

omg. I can't tell you how much I want to see this.
I just have one question. What exactly is it about? I haven't gotten a thing from the commercials except for they have a pet pig named Plopper.

...why'd they kill Dr. Nick? He was only in a few episodes. o_o

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:57 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I loved Dr. Nick D:

I saw it as well... I thought it was funny, but not hilarious. But then, few films are. I've never really been able to laugh too hard at anything. I did have a couple of good laughs, though. And yes, those 3 seconds traumatized me as well. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:31 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I watched it last night with my friends none of us found it funny enough to warrant the cinema ticket. I personaly wished I hadn't gone to see it. Wasn't worth the wait of all those years for a Simpsons movie. I'm glad to hear that a lot of you enjoyed it however

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next