Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Erm, the film isn't that accurate, actually..
It's not on Braveheart/The Patriot Grounds, but it doesn't follow the legend as closely as it could have.

Edit: sorry, I didn't make myself clear. I thought I'd put the legend or what is believed to be the truth the legend is based on ^^

Last edited by Igg on Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:19 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

because its not based on the legend is it? (no)
its based on the truth, the roman commander left behind as the seven nation army pulled out, leaving the warring factions of brittania and the syrians behind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sasha/Koku said she was disappointed by the movie, does that really require a pointless discussion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:30 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

*gets away from the argument and lists her disappointements*

Garfield. Only laughed once, and that was when he was dancing. Slept through most of it.

Reign of Fire: Another snooze fest

A.I.: Just couldnt' get into it.

Dragonheart: going with the trend...put me to sleep.

Exorcist: oddly enough, this one put me to sleep too.

Post subject: Re: Movies That Just Plain Dissapointed You
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh, and I have one more:

Two Brothers: Not a bad movie at all... but the previews make it look nothing like it is. The previews make the movie look as if it's a completely fun and happy movie, suitable for small children. Um. Wrong! It's actually just a whole movie about bloody, gory events and tiger abuse. Happy and fun? Pshaw. The only happy part in this movie is at the end (which is totally predictable). Suitable for small children? HAH! The last scene in this movie is sunlight shining through a hole in an adult tiger's ear (of course, the hole was made by a bullet).

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:36 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

the latest movie i can think of was "the day after tomarrow"...oh man it was so sappy.

oh & pearl harbor. i expected an awesome war/battle reinactment...instead i got a craptastic love story that made me wanna gag.

ImageImage
My Journal
United For A Spam Free PPT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Marching Duck wrote:
oh & pearl harbor. i expected an awesome war/battle reinactment...instead i got a craptastic love story that made me wanna gag.

Enter "Titanic". I'd always loved the story of the Titanic when I was little. And there I was, 12 and all excited about the movie... They turned a story about a boat into a love story. And of course, we can't have a movie about a boat without adding in Kate Winslet's breasts...

EDIT: I almost forgot... the huge romantic kiss scene? One thing ruined it for me. The sunset was on the left side of the boat. The sun sets in the west. If the sun was setting on the left of the boat then it was heading north. The titanic was heading west, and slightly southwest. The sunset could not have been where it was. It was beautiful... but totally ruined it for me.

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Last edited by Sapphire Faerie on Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My Baby's Daddy. Plain and simple. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:07 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

All Jack Nicholson movies especially Head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:20 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

lechuck333 wrote:
All Jack Nicholson movies especially Head.

i love the shining! he's what made that movie so creepy...i still cant watch his movies w.o being slightly creeped out.

ImageImage
My Journal
United For A Spam Free PPT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:34 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

The Italian Job. Maybe it's because I'm not into action movies but my friends and I talked through this one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:03 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Dawn2 wrote:
Oh, and I have one more:

Two Brothers: Not a bad movie at all... but the previews make it look nothing like it is. The previews make the movie look as if it's a completely fun and happy movie, suitable for small children. Um. Wrong! It's actually just a whole movie about bloody, gory events and tiger abuse. Happy and fun? Pshaw. The only happy part in this movie is at the end (which is totally predictable). Suitable for small children? HAH! The last scene in this movie is sunlight shining through a hole in an adult tiger's ear (of course, the hole was made by a bullet).

Ah,yes. I forgot about that one. I never saw it but I agree. I bet the previews are like that because they wanted to make money. What better than a family friendly fun film?

Suddenly many movies come to mind.

That something 9/11 movie for one. I never saw it but I am totally sickened by it because I think Bush is a good President. I'm glad he is our President. (Incase you care,I like Bush mainly because he is a Christian.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:11 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Every Harry Potter Movie, Star Wars Episode one, Van Helsing, too many....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:42 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I think the worst movies I've seen were Charlies Angels 2 and White Chicks. (Funny, but really stupid)

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:02 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Kitten Medli wrote:
Dawn2 wrote:
Oh, and I have one more:

Ah,yes. I forgot about that one. I never saw it but I agree. I bet the previews are like that because they wanted to make money. What better than a family friendly fun film?

Suddenly many movies come to mind.

That something 9/11 movie for one. I never saw it but I am totally sickened by it because I think Bush is a good President. I'm glad he is our President. (Incase you care,I like Bush mainly because he is a Christian.)

*hugs Medli*

Hm, can't really think of disappointing movies, because I don't watch a lot of movies. A lot of them LOOK bad, but you can't judge a movie by it's...cover? Azkaban was great, but I was just so looking foward to the Quidditch final and some more information at the end that I found it a little bit dissapointing.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next