Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transformers (Has a proper trailer this time)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:32 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

DracolordII wrote:
I really can't wait to see this movie, I'm such a big Transformers nerd.

Oh and even though in the movie it s Hugo Weaving as Megatron in the movie, their using the original voice, Frank Welker for the game.

Aye, I think Chalk (Primal and Prime since then) is voicing someone too (Not Prime himself, a minor character?)

Reports say to expect an Aircraft carrier in the sequel.
Giant freakin robots, anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:31 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/84/dcjoshru9.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:43 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I can't wait for this movie to come out, although I'm going to wait a few weeks to see it probably so it's not so packed.

They over-advertised this movie in NYC methinks (giant posters for it everywhere, including on Madison Square Garden).

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:16 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Christopher wrote:

Wheres that from?
Don't look like the prequal comic..

Apparently the game is released on the DS.
Guess who's going shopping Thursday ^^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:48 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Saw movie. Was good. In some ways. Was inherantly cheesy. Was suprisingly funny. Though forced.

[size="4"]Spoilers will now ensue.[/size]

Movie. Graphics were intense. The one thing that Michael Bay got down in this film, was transforming action sequences. No standing still or Japanese-esque sequence, but rather actively changing in environment for the situation. Starscream and Blackout from midair to ground, or any of the vehicles from ground to running were all excellent. Except breakdancing Jazz *sigh*

Plotline was horrid.

Optimus Prime was real wooden (lol) in his continuous plethora of one liners taken from throughout the shows. To put in 'One shall stand, one shall fall' in the first movie was a bad idea. He was also a real jerk, despite the ultimate coolness of Prime decapitating a Decepticon with a Katar, it's so out of character. Megatron on the other hand was awesome, especially when he flicks the human off him XD

The transformers were also weaklings. What the hell? Humans trashing transformers? What is this nonsense? They were about as strong as they were in the original movie, i.e, not (the original movie killing off a hundred or so transformers that had survived being shot at for several seasons in order to release a new line of toys). The only decepticons to survive apparently are Starscream, and perhaps Mountain Dew bot? Why was the Allspark set to Evil anyway?

Also, what was with all the complaining about people not being able to accept Megatron transforming into a tiny handgun or Soundwave into a stereo when you have the Allspark decrease in size by like 5000% ?

Transformers getting frozen in ice is good, it happened to Skyfire, it can happen to Megatron/Bumblebee.

In any case, it seems as though the movie has set it up for Starscream to return in an 'I'm the New Leader of the Decepticons!!!11' type thing. Graphics, giving Weta a run for their money. Guess now they have to retaliate with Evangelion :P

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:20 am 
PPT God
PPT God

im going to go see it tomorrow so i hope its going to be brilliant :D
Ive been waiting for ages to see this film the adverts look amazing!

set by Sakura

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

In my busyness I havn't posted.

But OH MY GOD. *worships the movie*

I'll leave it at that.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:48 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Having seen it a second time, I have the following observations:

It is entirely possible that Starscream was one of the Jets that shot Megatron, there is no reason why not.

The first set of F22s fire missiles...but nothing happens? We don't see anything get hit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:04 am 
PPT God
PPT God

ahoteinrun wrote:
In my busyness I havn't posted.

But OH MY GOD. *worships the movie*

I'll leave it at that.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

The surprising thing is that I went to see it with my parents, and both of them liked it a lot. I'm also surprised that there was a lot of humor in it. And I'm definitely going to get this movie when it's released on DVD.

Now I want to go out and get one of the action figures. :P

Speculation Central - Thinking about the future... Today!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:43 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

The movie was awesome. There were some lame parts in it but it was over all awesome. My friend and I were drooling over the cars though :)

I once was Lost but now am Shadow, was blind but now I see.
Me: JAS SAVE PPT!
Jas: ugh. okay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Watched it last night. Other than watching a few random episodes of Transformers or Beasties when I was young, I knew next to nothing about the series. It was pretty awesome, exceeded my expectations. Was totally digging the CGI stuff too, not so much the product placement. The only down point, I'd say, were the conversations between Optimus and Megatron- that was just cheesier than everything else. There were also a few points that needed a little more suspension of disbelief, I think a few minor continuity things, but that's about it.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I loved it! Even if you've never heard of the series, go see it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Is it a bad sign that I never figured out anybody's name besides Sam, Michaela, and about three of the Transformers? I mean, Josh Duhamel is the first major character you meet, and I can't remember his character's name. Even though I never did catch his name, Josh Duhamel's character was my favorite. Much more interesting than Everyman Sam. It felt like they were trying to give everyone a backstory, though. I mean, Michaela needs a whole backstory...
so she can do that whole hotwiring the tow truck thing at the end with Bumblebee

...but it just felt awkward and tacked-on. Like, "Oh, let's give everyone's history in thirty seconds each!"
And the fighting at the end was confusing. Mostly I just couldn't tell what was happening in the close-combat scenes and I felt like I was really missing out.
Bumblebee was cute though. I want a sentient car that thinks it's supposed to help me get chicks and can also attack stuff.
The music was pretty good, the general visual mayhem was great(I'm glad I don't live near any Mountain Dew vending machines though), the cheesy dialogue was bearable. I just wish it hadn't thought it was so EPIC, though. It's a movie based primarily on Hasbro toys, not on some dramatic piece of literature. More humor like the doughnut scene would've been welcome.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:33 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Both the Autobots and one for the Decepticons each have a scene in the movie where they laboriously introduce themselves, and in the autobots case, show what they can do. I would consider it a bad sign if you missed that.

Quote:
I just wish it hadn't thought it was so EPIC, though. It's a movie based primarily on Hasbro toys, not on some dramatic piece of literature. More humor like the doughnut scene would've been welcome.

I take horrific offence at every point in that quote :P

More 'humour' not welcome at all - Especially from the most annoying and superfluous characters in the movie (programmer and walking black sterotype hacker man). It is based on a lot of dramatic literature, and it's very epic. =/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:12 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Christopher wrote:
Both the Autobots and one for the Decepticons each have a scene in the movie where they laboriously introduce themselves, and in the autobots case, show what they can do. I would consider it a bad sign if you missed that.

I didn't miss either scene, but I forgot everyone's name except for Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. Fortunately, it didn't seem to matter. I could tell which ones were Autobots and which ones where Decepticons most of the time without ever figuring out who precisely was who.

Christopher wrote:
More 'humour' not welcome at all - Especially from the most annoying and superfluous characters in the movie (programmer and walking black sterotype hacker man). It is based on a lot of dramatic literature, and it's very epic. =/

I agree on British Girl and Silly Black Hacker(the doughnut scene was just the first scene that came to mind), but I would've liked to see more humor with Sam. About the time we got to the dam, I just started losing interest and wondering how long I'd been watching. It was too much, the way Pirates 2 and 3 were too much--the story was more important than the audience. And while that works for you, a real fan of Transformers to begin with, it's hard on someone who never got into Transformers.
And you can't deny it's based on Hasbro toys first and foremost. They even say that in the credits.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next