Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:09 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

KatanaMaster17 wrote:
The Cat in the Hat - I didnt expect much from this and that is what you get. Horrible colors of everyday items (chairs, cars, grass) and it might've made sense if you did drugs...
and they ruined mike myers!!! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Ah, I forgot about Brother Bear. Characters as deep as water on the bathroom floor and scenes so cheesy (cute little animals riding on the backs of mastodons? The heck?) I couldn't help but roll my eyes and gag. I had really been looking forward to that movie but in the end it turns out to be a movie only a 5 and younger can get excited about. Does Disney even remember how to make a good animated movie anymore after making all those direct-to-video movies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:01 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Shifty wrote:
Oh I know... Planet of the Apes (2001) - I was dissapointed by the fact that the humans can talk... In the original version they couldn't which made it more interesting.
And the ending sucked. If they made a sequel, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.
Yes! That movie was horrible I never want to see that again. My dad loved the first Planet of the Apes and he was highly disappointed.

Dirty Dancing-Havana Nights:Okay so I had a feeling it was going to suck but when I saw it I cringed. Awful!

Lovely Set By _jaye_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:16 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Location: New Zealand Weapon: HaaH Sword Species: Human Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Jens wrote:
KatanaMaster17 wrote:
The Cat in the Hat - I didnt expect much from this and that is what you get. Horrible colors of everyday items (chairs, cars, grass) and it might've made sense if you did drugs...

I'd say Mike Myers ruined cat in the hat with his constant death threats and FB voice on (Fat Ba...(words probably blocked).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:06 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: the petpet puddle, searching for pet matches. my gorgeous set is by _jaye_.
Christopher wrote:
Jens wrote:
KatanaMaster17 wrote:

I'd say Mike Myers ruined cat in the hat with his constant death threats and FB voice on (Fat Ba...(words probably blocked).

:roflol: seriously. is that his only voice now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:00 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

The new Star Wars movies have been pretty disappointing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:37 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Shifty wrote:
Oh I know... Planet of the Apes (2001) - I was dissapointed by the fact that the humans can talk... In the original version they couldn't which made it more interesting.
And the ending sucked. If they made a sequel, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

The only thing remotely good about that movie is that it has an astronaut monkey :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

K-19: The Widowmaker

I went into this thinking that it was going to be a little like "Hunt for Red October." I left feeling so depressed that I plopped down an additional 5 bucks to rent "Blazing Saddles." I needed a humor fix that badly.

I have a hard time thinking about how disappointed I am with film adaptations of books, plays or remakes of other films. Basically I just go into the theatre with the mentality that I will be seeing a "new" story and I clear my mind of everything I already know. "Would I like this film if I never read the book?" If I can say "yes" then the movie really can't be that bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:13 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Around the World in 80 Days: Steve Coogan was disappointing himself. I love Steve Coogan, but he could have done so much more/been so much better in the film.

Donnie Darko: I love it, but overhyped.

*cannot think of more* Believe me, I do have more. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:52 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Harry Potter 3--After reading the book, it was just.. ugh.. I know there IS a timelimit, but they should have spent longer explaining things, and they left out one of my faavorite characters.

The Village--Just ick.

Cat In The Hat--I vomited after I saw that. Worst movie possible.

DareDevil- Just.. No.. Not my thing.

Kill Bill--both-- The music.. It stuck in my head, and the plot..

Garfield--So dumb. Lets run into the refridgerator everybody! Great...
Vanhelsing(or whatever :P ) Previews-Great! Compared to the movie.. what a piece if crap.

The Chronicles of Riddick- Probably was a good movie. Spent most of it being asked by my dear friend "Whats wrong with his eyes? Who is that girl? What planet? Wheres all that sand coming from?"

Black Book.. Little Black Book.. whatever you call it, it doesn't make it any better. Not my thing, once again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jen wrote:
Kill Bill--both-- The music.. It stuck in my head, and the plot.

The Chronicles of Riddick- Probably was a good movie. Spent most of it being asked by my dear friend "Whats wrong with his eyes? Who is that girl? What planet? Wheres all that sand coming from?"

Must...not...be...insulted >_O.

And that makes sense for Riddick, seeing as it's a loose sequel to a movie called Pitch Black ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:33 pm 

I hated
Signs
Garfield
Snow Dogs
and Shrek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:42 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

AmericanDamsel wrote:
The new Star Wars movies have been pretty disappointing.

Indeed, compared to the original 3 movies. They were awful. But they looked pretty^^

As for recent movies that were pretty disaapointing (I have never been good at spelling that word),

Garfield: I stopped watching after the scene where Garfield dances to the Black Eyed Peas.
Van Helsing: It looked great, it wasn't. I was told it was great, it wasn't.
Harry Potter - PoA: The worst HP movie so far.
Shrek 2 - Worse than the 1st movie, it was just stupid. The only good thing about it was the actor that plays the cat. I forgot his name.
The Day After Tomorrow: Great special effects, lame story.

Meh. I had a list of movies in my mind, but the second I started typing I forgot all of them. xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:53 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I haven't been too disappointed with many movies, but just yesterday I saw Princess Diaries 2. I know that if they tried to stick to the books, they wouldn't be able to pull this "Royal Engagement" thing off, but it still ticked me off that they even changed the name of her stepfather, who has a total of about 3 lines in the movie.

*shrugs* When I managed to push thoughts of the books out of my mine, though, I enjoyed the movie.

Also, I heard that the butchered Ella Enchanted and stir fried it, but I haven't seen it myself.

Set by robot. Van Den Hoogenband is the best name, ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:51 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I have another to add to the list....

Alien vs Predator

Now It wasn't bad... but it wasn't good either. I was actually expecting it to be some cheesy one-liner B movie..but it wasn't (thank god).
BUT the movie just wasn't very... I dunno.. good. It just seemed to lack soooo many things.
Like the AvP part... there wasn't really much of that.

(((SPOILERS!!!! DONT READ IT IF YOU DONT WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS)))
There might've been 3-5? actual fight scenes between AvP. And half of those were of one Alien killing the Predators like they were nothing. Most most disappointing.
And I think they sorta got some of the story from the AvP comic book. At least from what I can remember of the comic book they also had the humans and the Predators allied with eachother and I THINK (not sure) that they also had a woman char with a mark on her face.. but I really can't remember.

But yeah..... it wasn't bad... but it wasn't good either.
Just disappointing.

Oh I will say that it did have a cool preview!! heh...
New movie with Keanu Reeves... called like Constintine(sp?) or something like that. Looks like he's a paranormal hunter type of guy. Very neat looking.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next