Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: R.I.P. Janet Leigh
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:14 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Janet Leigh, star of Psycho and the mother of Jamie Lee Curtis, has died at her Beverly Hills home, aged 77.

The blonde actress starred with James Stewart, John Wayne and Frank Sinatra in films from the 1940s to 1960s and most famously was the victim of a shower slashing in Alfred Hitchcock's thriller Psycho.

Her daughters, Kelly Curtis and actress Jamie Lee Curtis were at their mother's side when she died, Jamie Lee Curtis' spokeswoman, Heidi Schaeffer, said.

Leigh had suffered in recent months from vasculitis, an inflammation of the blood vessels.

A stunning blonde beauty, Leigh enjoyed a long and distinguished career, appearing in such films as The Manchurian Candidate in 1962 and in Orson Welles' 1958 film noir classic Touch of Evil.

But she gained her most lasting fame in Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho as the embezzling office worker who is stabbed to death in the shower by cross-dressing madman Anthony Perkins. The role earned her an Academy Award nomination as best supporting actress.

Leigh wrote in her 1995 book Psycho: Behind the Scenes in the Classic Thriller that the filming was easy until the last 20 seconds when she had to express total horror as her character was being slashed to death.

She often said she hadn't been able to take a shower since the movie. "It's not a hype, not something I thought would be good for publicity," she insisted. "Honest to gosh, it's true."

Her other films included Act of Violence, Little Women, Holiday Affair, Strictly Dishonourable, The Naked Spur, Living It Up, Jet Pilot, Bye Bye Birdie and Safari.

Leigh appeared with daughter Jamie Lee in the 1980 thriller The Fog and made occasional television appearances in her later years. She had married Curtis' father, Tony Curtis, in 1951 when both stars were at the height of their fame. They divorced in 1962.

Get your egg at http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Janet Leigh's died? :o *didn't realise*

That's a real shame. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:30 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Really!? Wow...thats ashame.

Lovely Set By _jaye_

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:32 pm 

Never heard of her, but RIP Janet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:49 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Allie wrote:

Marian from Psycho, you know, THE shower scene?

Anyway, she lived a great life and has left a legacy on screen and with her family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:17 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Yeah, I had read about her yesterday. I liked Psycho. And when I was younger, my mom would watch Bye Bye Birdie all the time.

First Janet Leigh dies yesterday, then Rodney Dangerfield dies today. :(. They always say people die in threes. I wonder who's going to be next :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:55 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Allie wrote:

She was the mother of Jamie Lee Curtis, and married to Tony Curtis for a while, if that's any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:24 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I have never heard of her untill now, but God bless the lady. I'm sure she had a nice life. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]