Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:39 pm

i_love_starburst wrote:
Igg wrote:
coming2atvnearu wrote:I'm not a huge fan, but I do respect her SO much more than you're average pop singer

Ex. Look at me, I can almost sing, but I'm also nearly naked!

Same here. She's very inoffensive, and her tunes are alright...not really my thing...kind of jazz/bluesy, but I prefer mine more upbeat. But she can sing in tune, play an instrument well, and write decently, so I respect her a lot ^^

Joss Stone...well...i don't like her!
I hate how everyone says she has such an 'old' voice...it's not, really. It's just more throaty than the usual pop rubbish.

Too much hype surrounding Joss Stone. She's really not that great. -_-

Uh... *hides the case and lyrics book for her Joss Stone cd* *whistles* What?

Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:29 pm

Hauntingly beautiful. Both the woman and her music.

Though her second album is a little too country for me.

Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:36 am

Dawn2 wrote:
Kitten Medli wrote:
Skullsplitter wrote:Pfft, I get sick of all the hype Joss stone and Norah get just because their voices sound off. Joss Stone, to me, sounds like she is physically struggling to sing and has something wrong with her sinuses. Norah uses clever psychological mind melting methods that fool us into thinking that no, she isnt singing the same song differently, she is singing many different songs and her " bestsensational debut album of the year..ever" CD is the most amazing thing ever, and that she's the first person to sing like that.

Man. Is it illigal to like Norah? At any rate, try having some respect.

Is it illegal to not like Norah?

I think she's okay, but not the best.

Nope. I am just saying that post was somewhat rude.

Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:41 am

I'm not into her. I find her a bit boring. And I listen to classical music.lol.

Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:23 pm

Jim wrote:Hauntingly beautiful. Both the woman and her music.

Though her second album is a little too country for me.

Dolly Parton collabaration, country?

Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:52 pm

Kitten Medli wrote:
Dawn2 wrote:
Kitten Medli wrote:
Skullsplitter wrote:Pfft, I get sick of all the hype Joss stone and Norah get just because their voices sound off. Joss Stone, to me, sounds like she is physically struggling to sing and has something wrong with her sinuses. Norah uses clever psychological mind melting methods that fool us into thinking that no, she isnt singing the same song differently, she is singing many different songs and her " bestsensational debut album of the year..ever" CD is the most amazing thing ever, and that she's the first person to sing like that.

Man. Is it illigal to like Norah? At any rate, try having some respect.

Is it illegal to not like Norah?

I think she's okay, but not the best.

Nope. I am just saying that post was somewhat rude.

No, that's exactly how I feel about them both. They can sing, yes, but I don't appreciate their voices, and what annoys me is the media hype they get for being the few people in a wide-spanning genre to get any recognition when there are many people who sing as well if not better than the two of them.

Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:31 pm

I think she's an amazing singer. I have a copy of her first album. The songs are so beautiful, peaceful, and relaxing. I'm contemplating whether or not to get her new one though.

Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:26 am

Yeah I like a couple of songs. Shes pretty talented and i think she won 7 grammys. so that right there just proves that shes good.

Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:47 pm

Well, no doubt about it, she's got a good voice...her songs are nice and relaxing if it's the first time you hear them, I think, but after a while...yeah, I suppose they get a bit samey.

Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:05 pm

yeah her songs are sorta lullaby-ish. Well more like peaceful,resting, type songs. I usually listen to 'em when i have a headache or something. Or need some cheering up. Or if i'm sleepy.

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:42 pm

She's alright. I'm not a huge fan of hers, but, she's cool. ^-^

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:50 pm

shortin wrote:Yeah I like a couple of songs. Shes pretty talented and i think she won 7 grammys. so that right there just proves that shes good.

Ummm...I like Norah and everything, she's alright, but Milli Vanilli won a Grammy award. :lol:

Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:53 pm

i_love_starburst wrote:
shortin wrote:Yeah I like a couple of songs. Shes pretty talented and i think she won 7 grammys. so that right there just proves that shes good.

Ummm...I like Norah and everything, she's alright, but Milli Vanilli won a Grammy award. :lol:

I'm not seeing your point ^^;

Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:16 pm

Igg wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:

I'm not seeing your point ^^;

Oh right Igg. *smiles and nods* :P
Topic locked