Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:30 pm

Evanescence's cover of Korn's Thoughtless
Evanescence's cover of Nirvana's Heart-Shaped Box
Evanescence's cover of Self Esteem, sorry can't remember who it was by
Evanescence's cover of a Perfect Circle's Orestes
Michael Buble's cover of Sway, the 1950's latin-jazz song
Yellowcard's cover of Michelle Branch's Everywhere
Can't remember the rest, sorry.

Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:59 pm

Xiu Xiu's cover of Asleep (originally by The Smiths)

Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:12 pm

Anything By Richard Cheese makes my heart smile.

Also, forgive me for being run of the mill, but I'm going to have to say Jimi Hendrix's version of "All Along The Watch Tower", some of you may have heard it, is fairly enjoyable.

Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:32 am

coming2atvnearu wrote:Anything By Richard Cheese makes my heart smile.

Also, forgive me for being run of the mill, but I'm going to have to say Jimi Hendrix's version of "All Along The Watch Tower", some of you may have heard it, is fairly enjoyable.

You're right, you were run of the mill.
:P

Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:06 pm

Igg wrote:
coming2atvnearu wrote:Anything By Richard Cheese makes my heart smile.

You're right, you were run of the mill.
:P

You're a mill!

Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:44 pm

Marilyn Manson does great covers...Tainted Love and Sweet Dreams being the best, in my opinion. ^_^

Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:23 pm

Love My Way, Boys Don't Cry - Grant Lee Phillips

Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:16 pm

I love the Paku Romi cover of Tobira no Mukou he, originally by YeLLOW Generation. Jazzy....

Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:37 pm

pengy wrote:
Yoshi wrote:Okay, I've never heard the full versions of the originals of these two, but Feist's "Inside & Out" and Stars' "This Charming Man" are pretty awesome.

Death Cab's "This Charming Man" > Stars' "This Charming Man"

The Smiths' "This Charming Man" > Stars' "This Charming Man"> Death Cab's "This Charming Man" :D

I like Will Young's "Hey Ya". It's gorgeous.

Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:51 pm

Twinkle wrote:
pengy wrote:
Yoshi wrote:Okay, I've never heard the full versions of the originals of these two, but Feist's "Inside & Out" and Stars' "This Charming Man" are pretty awesome.

The Smiths' "This Charming Man" > Stars' "This Charming Man"> Death Cab's "This Charming Man"

:D

Can't Get You Out Of My Head - The Flaming Lips

Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:37 am

Kelly Clarkson - Crying - Aerosmith
Steven Tyler even said, and I can't remember where, but he said she has the potential of being one of the biggest artists of our time, and that he'd be honored if she covered it on one of her CD's. She did it on one of those WE specials, 'Women who/that Rock' I think...

Christina Aguilera - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland
I love this song so much, it's my favorite Christmas song.

Natasha Bedingfield - The Scientist - Coldplay
Her cover of it gave me goosebumps to no end. It was on one of thos Yahoo Pepsi Smash thingies. I t was really well done. A little shoddy here and there, but awesome nonetheless.

Aretha Franklin - R.E.S.P.E.C.T. - Otis Redding
Seriously, need I explain?

Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You - Dolly Parton
IMO, Greatest love song of all time, 'Nuff said.

Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back to Me - Meatloaf
It's all about the little riff in the beginning, that does it for me, I'm a sucker for a good sounding riff.

Christina Aguilera - At Last - Etta James
I just like it.

Hilary and Haylie Duff - Our Lips Sealed - The Go-Go's
The original was great, but I like this remake becuase it sounds a bit more rockish... :D

Mariah Carey ft. Westlife - Against All Odds - Phil Collins
It's a really good cover, I like it so much, the lyrics are awesome.

Mariah Carey - Bringin' On the Heartbreak - Def Leppard
I really like how she added her flavor to the song. I loved the high notes towards the end. Shame they aren't that good live.

Mariah Carey/Kelly Clarkson - I Still Believe - Brenda K. Starr.
They both added their own flar to it, and I love both covers. (Last Mariah cover, I swear :D)

Alien Ant Farm - Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson
It was really cool to hear this song in a rock version, very different. I loved it.

Zucchero ft. Vanessa Carlton and Haylie Ecker- Everybody's Got Learn Sometime - The Korgis
Vanessa does a great job on the piano on this one, and Zucchero's vocals are dead on.

Rascal Flatts - What Hurts the Most - Mark Willis
This song is really good, I like the lead singers voice on it.

And last but not least, and I know, I know, but c'mon, I luff her...

Katharine McPhee - Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Judy Garland
I've got the McPheever, so sue me.
Last edited by NeoPet_online on Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:30 am

Twinkle wrote:
pengy wrote:

The Smiths' "This Charming Man" > Stars' "This Charming Man"> Death Cab's "This Charming Man" :D

Twinkle wins.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:22 pm

Sugarinii wrote:Marilyn Manson does great covers...Tainted Love and Sweet Dreams being the best, in my opinion. ^_^

I like his covers, very cool twist on some songs.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:06 pm

NeoPet_online wrote:Hilary and Haylie Duff - Our Lips Sealed - The Go-Go's
The original was great, but I like this remake becuase it sounds a bit more rockish... :D

...No. *shakes head*

DM was on fire! wrote:Aly & Aj - Do You Believe in Magic? (n/a)

Repeat remark to first quote. With less emphasis, but still.

Dragonfire wrote:Fountains of Wayne's cover of "...Baby One More Time" is pretty good.

I agree. They made that song actually standable.

"What Hurts the Most" by Rascal Flatts is good, I didn't know it was a cover, though. "House of the Rising Sun" by Muse is also good.

Anyone that says "One" by Mary J Blige gets a smack to the head.

And in agreement with other people, Death Cab for Cutie has nothing on Stars or The Smiths.

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:20 pm

Twinkle wrote:
pengy wrote:

I like Will Young's "Hey Ya". It's gorgeous.

Will young's cover of Don't Cha, by Pussycat Dolls. Yes it's REAL! Not as funny as I thought it would be but makes ya smile when ya think about it.

Rufus Wainwright's Cover of Hallelujah (Original by Leonard Cohen)
Topic locked