Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Fuel

Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:42 pm

Didn't see a thread on this, hope there isn't one.

Anyway, I've just recently discovered this band's music (I've heard some of their songs/I've heard of the band before, but I never really went out and listened to anything from them) and it's just fantastic. I downloaded the album "The Best of Fuel" off iTunes and there's not a single song on it I don't like (which is very rare for me with albums).

I'm not really sure how big they are worldwide (I'm fairly sheltered), but opinions...?

Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:49 am

/throw-up

I don't like Fuel. I don't know why.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:42 am

I love Fuel! I used to listen to them quite a few years ago, then go hooked on other music and kind of forgot about them. Then Chris sang "Hemmorhage (In My Hands)" on American Idol, and I was hooked on Fuel all over again. I have to download more songs and look up what I used to listen to by them.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:29 am

I liked a couple of their songs from back in the day, when they were more, popish...but then, they did a song on the Daredevil soundtrack (and a music video, which the lead singer is HOT) and I got hooked on them again!

Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:32 pm

mayanspypilot wrote:I love Fuel! I used to listen to them quite a few years ago, then go hooked on other music and kind of forgot about them. Then Chris sang "Hemmorhage (In My Hands)" on American Idol, and I was hooked on Fuel all over again. I have to download more songs and look up what I used to listen to by them.

Same here, heh. I was listening to Chris singing it again one day and thought "you know, that song doesn't sound half bad", which led to the madness.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:50 pm

They were big a few years back, in the late 90s. I remember rocking out to them in middle school. I still have their first CD.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:03 pm

Well, it was time for me to splurge and buy myself a present just because...so I was inspired to buy a CD by Fuel. I bought "Something Like Human". I really like it. I would definitely recommend it (if you're into bands like Fuel).

Re: Fuel

Wed May 24, 2006 5:10 pm

Bangel wrote:Didn't see a thread on this, hope there isn't one.

Anyway, I've just recently discovered this band's music (I've heard some of their songs/I've heard of the band before, but I never really went out and listened to anything from them) and it's just fantastic. I downloaded the album "The Best of Fuel" off iTunes and there's not a single song on it I don't like (which is very rare for me with albums).

I'm not really sure how big they are worldwide (I'm fairly sheltered), but opinions...?

One of my favorite bands... I've seen them... seven times in concert (had to count!). that's most I've ever seen one band. Brett is an amazing vocalist, I hope they can get Chris to replace him. Luckily the guy who writes all the songs, Carl, is still in the group.
Anyhow, if you like The Best of Fuel, you'll probably like all their other songs. My personal favorite is Ozone, off their first album.

Wed May 24, 2006 9:41 pm

Just wanted to post I'm still addicted to them... I have every song they have available on iTunes except for "It's Come to This", "Song for You", "Mary Pretends", "Hideaway", "King for a Day", "Walk the Sky" (ran out of money) and "Daniel" and "Going to California" (they were only available if you bought the entire album (Something Like Human), and I already had most of the songs on that album so I didn't want to buy the whole album just for those).

Wed May 24, 2006 11:12 pm

Bangel wrote:Just wanted to post I'm still addicted to them... I have every song they have available on iTunes except for "It's Come to This", "Song for You", "Mary Pretends", "Hideaway", "King for a Day", "Walk the Sky" (ran out of money) and "Daniel" and "Going to California" (they were only available if you bought the entire album (Something Like Human), and I already had most of the songs on that album so I didn't want to buy the whole album just for those).

"Daniel" and "Going to California" are both covers. "Daniel" is an Elton John song and "Going to California" is by Led Zeppelin. I like both of the covers, but the originals are better (especially LZ <3 )

Fri May 26, 2006 3:03 am

mayanspypilot wrote:
Bangel wrote:Just wanted to post I'm still addicted to them... I have every song they have available on iTunes except for "It's Come to This", "Song for You", "Mary Pretends", "Hideaway", "King for a Day", "Walk the Sky" (ran out of money) and "Daniel" and "Going to California" (they were only available if you bought the entire album (Something Like Human), and I already had most of the songs on that album so I didn't want to buy the whole album just for those).

"Daniel" and "Going to California" are both covers. "Daniel" is an Elton John song and "Going to California" is by Led Zeppelin. I like both of the covers, but the originals are better (especially LZ <3 )

Yeah, they like to do a cover every now and then. I have them doing Revolution by the Beatles, and Breed by Nirvana (which is onr of my favorites!). I know they did a pink floyd song too. But i had to get those through limewire, they aren't on any cds as far as I know.
Topic locked