Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

What is your current favourite music video?

Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:30 pm

I would have to say at the moment it would have to be "Cool" by Gwen Stefani because I think the video looks really cool which is also the name of the song. I like how they made the video and made it have a story. What is your current favourite music video?

Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:07 pm

Sing, by The Dresden Dolls.

I love how Jakey's father looks so dissapointed outside his bedroom.
I love the tableau, and how you have to watch it a few times to really see everything.
I love the remakes of the lyrics done by various tableau statues.
I love how it ends with Amanda's knee and arms flying in the air (on the internet anyways).
I love the promise of Part 1 and 3 (part 2 being the offisial release.) "All together it's a combination of expression, synthesization, and reaction. What you are looking at now is the synthesization. " (says the girl with the bun mourning over dieing Jakey-faces in the tableau, who talked to Pope)

There isn't anything I don't love about it.

Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:57 pm

Stars - Ageless Beauty
It's really pretty, and the song is amazing. 'Nuff said. (:

Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:09 am

Hm, I would say Kelly Clarkson's "Walk Away", I love how she had people singing her songs. Awesome video and song.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:16 am

Unfaithful - Rihanna

Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:52 am

Dani California-Red Hot Chili Peppers.
it's awesome xD
it like travels time :P

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:10 am

New Christina Aguilera song

Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:47 pm

Brett618 wrote:Dani California-Red Hot Chili Peppers.
it's awesome xD
it like travels time :P

Haha, yeah, I rather enjoy that video even if the song is a bit pony.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:28 pm

Probably Siguar Ros' Vaka.. Or The Beatles' Free As A Bird.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:56 pm

That's too hard for me to choose. :( But, I think I'm somewhere in the middle of Panic! At the Disco's I Write Sins Not Tragedies, NEEDTOBREATHE's You Are Here, Sanctus Real's I'm Not Alright and Family Force 5's Kountry Gentleman. The last one was a low budget video. :P

So there's a video for "Kountry Gentleman" floating around the web. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun with that.

We did. That's what got us signed to Maverick. We shot that video on our own with a very low budget.

Did you guys pitch that for Dukes of Hazzard or are you just big fans?

Nah, we are just big fans. We did it about 2 years ago, before the Dukes of Hazzard thing. It just happened that Dukes of Hazzard came out after it.

:P

Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:50 pm

Ready Steady Go by L'arc-en-Ciel

CHIBI L'ARC! 'Nuff said.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:11 pm

The Used - All That I've Got or Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot

Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:00 pm

Oh, this is hard, I'm quite behind.

I've long been a fan of Feist's second video for "Mushaboom." What with the flying toast, fake drawn jewellery and strange choreography.

And though I don't really like this song that much (it's decent), Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy." It may as well be the most overplayed song ever, but the ink blots are cool.

A couple more random ones...Stars' "Sleep Tonight" and Sigur Ros' "Glosoli."

Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:02 pm

Beep- Pussycat dolls
Because of you- Kelly Clarkson
Breakaway- Kally Clarkson

Too hard to choose just one. :)

Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:00 am

Music videos are still made?! What station are they shown on? MTV definitely doesn't play them like they used to...

Anyways, I've seen Shakira's video for "Hips Don't Lie" and I can dig it. I love the way she dances and I wish I could do it.
Topic locked