Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Avril Lavigne

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:57 am

Well, she's back and she's singing about being your girlfriend, question is, does anyone still like her?

I for one love her new song; it's catchy, and just reminds me of "Hey Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey! Hey! Hey! Hey Mickey!".

And she looks really pretty now, before I thought she was okay looking but the blonde hair really suits her.

But I do realize a lot of people hate her new style as she's apparently sold out and has become the pop-manufactured icon she once hated. However, I was just thinking, why can't a song just be innocently fun? Does a song always have to have SOME sort of meaning?

Anyways, post your thoughts on the new Avril!
Last edited by Ammer on Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:18 am

I just find it amusing how she went from "I'd rather be anything but ordinary" to "HEY HEY YOU YOU I WANNA BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND".

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:23 am

Bangel wrote:I just find it amusing how she went from "I'd rather be anything but ordinary" to "HEY HEY YOU YOU I WANNA BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND".

Me too.

I assume if Avril-then was shown Avril-now, she'd cry.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:52 am

Bangel wrote:I just find it amusing how she went from "I'd rather be anything but ordinary" to "HEY HEY YOU YOU I WANNA BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND".

She was 17 when her first album came out so she could have just been like...an angsty teen or whatever.

Her new stuff is happy and fun pop. I'm not sure if I'll buy the album or not. I LOVED Under My Skin a lot though, and Let Go was ok.

Girlfriend is so addictive though.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:38 am

It think it's just all about the process of evolution as an artist, y'know? Experimenting with her 'talent' and seeing what new and different things she could do with it. Sort of like Christina Aguilera.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:16 am

i enjoy listening to i am with you
....its that damn cold night.......

girlfriend is catchy, but its not worthy enough to be in my ipod

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:05 pm

Eh... don't really like "Girlfriend". It really isn't very catchy to me and was rather bland.

I like 'Hanging On', out of her newer stuff, though.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:00 pm

I think that she looks very pretty now that she's not trying so hard to be all r0ck3rz...

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:21 pm

I can't stand her. I mean, a song about stealing someone else's boyfriend? What a tramp.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:23 pm

I think the marriage suited her. She became more of a girl and didn't resort to wearing men's ties anymore. I watched the video yesturday morning and it was just a fun song :)

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:26 pm

Twinkle wrote:I can't stand her. I mean, a song about stealing someone else's boyfriend? What a tramp.

amen.

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:00 pm

Paul wrote:
Twinkle wrote:I can't stand her. I mean, a song about stealing someone else's boyfriend? What a tramp.

amen.

Agreed- the song is extremely catchy, and while I can stand her (I kind of like her, now that she's not all "I'M PUNK RAWK!!!1!!"), I don't particularly like the song- the music video isn't very nice. Poor girlfriend of stupid jerky boy. :(

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:58 am

I think she got hit on the head. Hard.

What ever happened to "I'll never be another Britney Spears girly girl pop singer"? I didn't like her very much during her "rock" stage, but at least I gave her credit for being different. Now she makes me sick.

Re: Avril Lavigne

Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:42 pm

Ammer wrote:I for one love her new song; it's catchy, and just reminds me of "Hey Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey! Hey! Hey! Hey Mickey!".

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I used to like Avril, but now she's just a poser.
I liked her in the Bethamphetamine video, even if the crying was fake.

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:28 pm

Wow, it's a song for crying out loud.
Topic locked