Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Sufjan Stevens

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:40 pm

I can't be the only Sufjan addict here. Who else loves him? Any favorite songs of his?

I love a lot of his work, but "Casimir Pulaski Day" will always be my favorite.

Re: Sufjan Stevens

Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:47 pm

That's my favourite of his, too.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:48 pm

Oh yes I do love Illinois. Haha and Sufjan Stevens too. I think my favorite song would be Chicago or Feel the Illinoise! Or John Wayne Gacy Jr.

Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:55 pm

"Jacksonville" is my favourite, followed by "Casimir Pulaski Day".

Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:01 am

I really adore The Mistress Witch from McClure (The Mind That Knows Itself) too.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:20 pm

I still am unable to decide whether I love Illinois or Michigan more.
Every song on those albums seem to have its own niche with me, so to speak.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:29 pm

His music is just so beautiful and sad to me. There's this playground I always sneak off to at around 3 AM when I feel like it, and I like bringing my iPod and listening to some Sufjan while I use the swingset. It's very peaceful.

Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:36 am

I describes Illinoise album as a staggering collection of impeccably arranged songs. The songs have a distinct community theater vibe, which I like. My favorites are Chicago, Jacksonville, Casimir Pulaski Day, and The Tallest Man, the Broadest Shoulders. :-)

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:39 pm

Sufjan is amazing. He's so pure and smart. He's definitely in my top 5 of all time.

When people ask me what music I'm into I always feel like an oddball because I listen to soothing music so it's always great when I find others that like bands/singers I like.

Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:32 am

Ooh, Sufjan Stevens thread! Come on! Feel the Illinoise! is one of my favorite albums of all time! :3

In addition to all the songs mentioned above, I also love Decatur and "They are Zombies!! They are Neighbors!! They have come back from the dead!! Ahhhh!"

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:06 am

Haha and Sufjan Stevens too. I think my favorite song would be Chicago or Feel the Illinoise! Or John Wayne Gacy Jr.

Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:57 am

Omg I love Sufjan Stevens. Illinois is such a good album.

"You Are The Blood" from the Dark Was The Night compilation album is my favorite Sufjan Stevens song though <3

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:06 am

Fiddelysquat wrote:His music is just so beautiful and sad to me. There's this playground I always sneak off to at around 3 AM when I feel like it, and I like bringing my iPod and listening to some Sufjan while I use the swingset. It's very peaceful.

I do the same thing, only it's a lonely late night train. there's nothing quite like it.

Wed May 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Just found this topic.

My wife really likes him, and so do a lot of her friends. She also likes Jack's Mannequin and a whole bunch of other groups I've never heard of.
Topic locked