Discuss music in any form from rock bands to Britney Spears' latest VMA performance. It's all good!
Topic locked

Clay Aiken

Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:39 pm

Clay Aiken - Love him or hate him?

I'm with option a!

Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:41 pm

Not famous over here, but I'd probably be more inclined to dislike him.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:56 pm

umm...im not really into pop. hes got a lovely voice and all...but you'll never catch me listening to him

Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:20 pm

Its definately more of a "hate him" thing for me.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:40 pm

I don't know him, so I can't hate him, nor can I love him. But his music, the only song I like is Invisible, but that's also because they don't play him around here. I'm not big on the whole American Idol gig either.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:47 pm

Heheheheheh. This is my kind of poll..sorta... :battar: Cause everyone hates him..but you all know I dont care as long as theres no,"That guy sucks. What a dork." stuff going on.

You all know my answer. I LOVE 'EM! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE.

:D

Anyway..you like him,Robert? Really? o_O

Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:50 pm

Marching Duck wrote:umm...im not really into pop. hes got a lovely voice and all...but you'll never catch me listening to him

Same here. My sis listens to him. The guy is talented....but it's not me.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:51 pm

Cyanna wrote:
Marching Duck wrote:umm...im not really into pop. hes got a lovely voice and all...but you'll never catch me listening to him

Does she have OCD yet? ;) Maybe she'll Clayvert you..

(I love confusing people with the Clay terms.)

Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:00 pm

Kitten Medli wrote:
Cyanna wrote:

Does she have OCD yet? ;) Maybe she'll Clayvert you..

(I love confusing people with the Clay terms.)

Yeah, OMC is very, very talented. And I'm convinced that if anyone, no matter how much "hate" they carry for Clay, goes to one of his concerts, they'll be Clayverted. The CDs tone down his voice too much, it's actually VERY powerful and is much better than it may seem otherwise. LC (live Clay) is so much better than CDC (media Clay).

Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:02 pm

Yup,yup. They just dont give him a chance. :)

Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:33 pm

I'd have to say I'm sitting on the fence, as I said in the other CA topic, I've never heard any music by him though I expect I wouldnt like it.
Last edited by Christopher on Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:35 pm

Christopher wrote:I'd have to say I'm sitting on the fence, as I said in the other CA topic, I've never herd any music by him tohugh I expect I wouldnt like it.

I'll find something awesome for you of Clayton's. Just keep checking back here for an edit.

Here, I've found a few. They exhibit the things that are awesome about Clay's voice:

1. The POWER:
SNL Skit-From Saturday Night Live, if you've ever seen it. It's a bunch of funny skits and the like. This one has a star of "Will and Grace" as the host, (a personal favorite show of mine) and Clay Aiken as the musical guest. She's singing about her show (if you've never seen it, this won't be too funny) and Clay pops out. This sort of exhibits the POWER of his voice.

2. The SINCERITY
The Way- Clay singing "The Way" on SNL. You can just feel the sweetness and sincerity of his voice sliding out of his perfectly parted lips...-drool- xD

3. The EMOTION
Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me-Clay singing after he makes it into the top 12! Huzzah! :D

Adding more later...
Last edited by Crescendo on Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:36 pm

I think he has an annoying voice. I guarentee you that if I went to one of his concerts, I would not be "Clayverted."

Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:46 pm

No, I odn't like him.

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:37 pm

Must be hate.
I'm not really into the whole 'make your way through the American Idol thing'.
Topic locked