Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Fall Out Boy
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:21 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Who likes Fall Out Boy? :D I do! At first I thought they were absolute crud with Sugar, We're Goin' Down, but with Dance, Dance they eventually got me hooked. :D Currently I love Of All the Gin Joints in the World and Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:00 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I used to like them. Untill I saw them on MTV... I guess theres something that bothers me about good bands going mainstream.

~Set by moogie~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:21 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Shifty wrote:
I used to like them. Untill I saw them on MTV... I guess theres something that bothers me about good bands going mainstream.

Pretend that they're on... MTV V2.0 or something, where they play non-mainstream music. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I like their songs, but I mean, I'm sick of all the Fall Out Boy madness. They're getting over-rated now.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:51 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I don't like Fall Out Boy at all.

Yet, for some reason, I do enjoy Panic! At The Disco... which is pretty much the band that came from under Momma Bird Fall Out Boy's wing.

It's a complicated emotion, feeling such a strong distaste for FOB yet a desire for P!ATD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:48 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I personally love Fall Out Boy. a lot of people refuse to give them the time of day since they're labelled as EMO. but if you listen to their music, it's good, apart from the fact that you can't understand much from their talking

Losers are those who do not try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:32 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Ammer wrote:
I like their songs, but I mean, I'm sick of all the Fall Out Boy madness. They're getting over-rated now.

Yes, they kinda are getting a bit overrated... I don't think they'll last much longer though; mainstream rock bands tend to become competitive and eventually split up. :P

I think that not liking something that's overrated is just silly. It's only liking something BECAUSE it's overrated is a loser-thing to do (these girls in my grade started STUDYING the band and memorizing all their lyrics for their concert coming up in a couple of weeks, even though they never like dthem before o_O).

And Panic! at the Disco's only other similarity with Fall Out Boy is the fact that their lead singer kinda sounds the same. Other than that...

By the way, anybody seen the video for 16 candles? I thought it was insane after seeing it a couple of times...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:48 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Tyrannitar wrote:
And Panic! at the Disco's only other similarity with Fall Out Boy is the fact that their lead singer kinda sounds the same. Other than that...

No, Fall Out Boy basically started up Panic! At The Disco... P!ATD was the first band signed to Pete Wentz's (Fall Out Boy) Decaydance Records, which is a 'Fueled By Ramen' label. Also, Pete contributed a bit to some of the songs, such as the "The Only Difference..." song, with the "trophy wives, trophy boys" line, etc.

And although I enjoy them, I also personally think P!ATD could be so much better if they deviated from the FOB sound and ran as far away from Pete as possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:56 pm 

Yeah, I like them. But I have to agree that they're /MAJORLY/ getting overrated, I mean I like a few of their songs, but their are better bands out there ... They do have a a major similarity to P!ATD as I have both their albums. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:51 am 

It's all about the first record :roflol: I personally love Fall Out Boy, but I don't like how a lot of people think they have two CDs, when in fact they have three that you can find in stores, plus a split CD with Project Rocket and I know there are demos floating around. And Pete kinda needs to shhh.

I'm gonna run away now.

...to make room for the tuna!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:57 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

:cry:
They make me want to cry.
I only like the video to their newest single because it has two members of another band I like. Other than that, their music sort of blends into each other and they've become so popular it overshadows all the other bands who need the reconigtion. I'll give them props for still remaining semi-pleasant people despite the stardom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:15 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I don't like the new video. At all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm an Overcast Kid.

Yep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:32 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I really don't understand the whole big deal being made about Fall Out Boy...

I don't even mean that in a harsh way, I just really don't get it o.O

I find their music and videos pretty dull...But whatever suits your tastes, I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:18 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I like them, a bit, although, I am really attatched to their Dance, Dance song *dances*

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next