Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kidwaiy wrote:

Her name is Gwen Stefani. She was the lead singer in a band called NoDoubt. But now she decided to go solo and is really sucessful. She has 5 singles which are What you waiting for, Rich girl, Hollaback girl, Cool and Luxurious. Her single Hollaback girl is the 1st single ever in the U.S. that sold over one million. Her album is called Love, Angel, Music, Baby. She also has a clothing line for girls called L.A.M.B which stands for Love, Angel, Music, Baby and now she is comeing out with a clothing line for guys. If you are someone who likes dance music then you should buy this album. If you want to find out more about her then go to this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwen_Stefani .

Pfft, everyone (unfortunately) knows who she is.

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:54 am 

Modest Mouse, I love them. People think they're weird, but screw them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:13 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Aqualung. You might have heard of Brighter Than Sunshine, it was on the soundtrack A Lot Like Love. His music is genius. It's so easy to listen to with amazingly written lyrics. Aqualung's latest album is Strange and Beautiful...give it a listen. Now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:19 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Bangel wrote:

You, out of all people, I would've expected to be a Gwen Stefani fan.
Guess I was extremely wrong. o_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:30 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

anchororange wrote:

Aqualung. You might have heard of Brighter Than Sunshine, it was on the soundtrack A Lot Like Love. His music is genius. It's so easy to listen to with amazingly written lyrics. Aqualung's latest album is Strange and Beautiful...give it a listen. Now!

You are so great. I love Aqualung! Especially Strange and Beautiful... even though it is about stalking.

It's coming...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:33 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Imogen Heap

You may have heard some of her music when she was in the electronica-type pop group Frou Frou, along with Guy Sigsworth (She was the primary singer in it, they both wrote the songs). You may have heard the song Let Go in the movie Garden State (at the end when they are kissing). Also, the band does a cover of Holding Out For A Hero for the Shrek 2 soundtrack, and that song is played during the credits of the movie. The album for the group came out in 2002.

Before that though, she was a solo artist and had an album I, Megaphone. After Frou Frou, she released another album, Speak For Yourself (which just recently came out). The fact that her song Goodnight and Go was on the second season of The O.C. helped her gain some recognition. However, she became more popular after her song Hide and Seek was played on The O.C. during the season 2 finale this year. Just that song helped her get into the Billboard 100, which is rare for an indie/non-mainstream artist.

I don't really know how to describe her music. It's sort of electronica-pop/indie-pop. You'd have to hear it to understand. I can't really compare her music to other singers because her voice and style is so distinctive. Just buy her album Speak For Yourself or at least download a song or two off iTunes, like Headlock, Hide and Seek, or one from the band album like Let Go and you'll see what I mean. :)

Yes, I typed that up myself o_o.

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:55 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Twinkle wrote:
anchororange wrote:

You are so great. I love Aqualung! Especially Strange and Beautiful... even though it is about stalking.

Who says stalking is a bad thing? :evil:

Nah, but it's a really beautiful song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hil wrote:
Imogen Heap

You may have heard some of her music when she was in the electronica-type pop group Frou Frou, along with Guy Sigsworth (She was the primary singer in it, they both wrote the songs). You may have heard the song Let Go in the movie Garden State (at the end when they are kissing). Also, the band does a cover of Holding Out For A Hero for the Shrek 2 soundtrack, and that song is played during the credits of the movie. The album for the group came out in 2002.

Before that though, she was a solo artist and had an album I, Megaphone. After Frou Frou, she released another album, Speak For Yourself (which just recently came out). The fact that her song Goodnight and Go was on the second season of The O.C. helped her gain some recognition. However, she became more popular after her song Hide and Seek was played on The O.C. during the season 2 finale this year. Just that song helped her get into the Billboard 100, which is rare for an indie/non-mainstream artist.

I don't really know how to describe her music. It's sort of electronica-pop/indie-pop. You'd have to hear it to understand. I can't really compare her music to other singers because her voice and style is so distinctive. Just buy her album Speak For Yourself or at least download a song or two off iTunes, like Headlock, Hide and Seek, or one from the band album like Let Go and you'll see what I mean. :)

Yes, I typed that up myself o_o.

Wow... I didn't know that. I thought her name was Frou Frou XD

*runs away*

(but I will buy her solo CDs now. Thanks Hil!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:31 am 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Powderfinger

I've been looking for a CD by these guys for quite some time now.. finally found Odyssey Number Five this afternoon and I have to say it was an AMAZING purchase. Not typically found in the U.S., so I was extremely fortunate. Anyway, this CD is WONDERFUL. I am in awe. I honestly don't know how to describe them.. there are times when Bernard Fanning's voice is slightly reminiscent of Thom Yorke's.. but his voice doesn't really sound like that.. but I dunno. It's a wonderful voice. And the music is just as lovely.

I'd say just listen to them and fall in love. Because they're that good.

Favorite tracks as of now: Waiting for the Sun, Like a Dog, These Days, We Should Be Together Now, Thrilloilogy, and Whatever Makes You Happy.

Oh. They are great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Melissa O'Neil

She is the third winner of Canadian Idol and has released two singles, one radio single "Alive" (Which debuted at #1) and one video single "Let It Go". She hasn't received any coverage anywhere else (As far I know), but I think many of you will like her. She has that rock/pop feel and is the very few in the business, who has some actual talent. Check her out!

Melissa's Official Website
Melissa's MySpace

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:55 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

A new (at least I was just introduced to them not long ago) band I quite enjoy: Wolf Parade

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:58 pm 

Cake
Cake is pop/rock :). It's very unusual, the three main instruments in songs being Piano, gutair and the trumpet. A lot of the songs have a bouncy feel to them, and they're good for chilling out.

Songs I reccomend:
Comfort Eagle-Most well known
Meanwhile, Rick James-VERY bouncy tune
Shadow Stabbing-Interesting one, mostly gutair in it. The chorus is just brilliant in this.
Long line of cars- Unusual rhythm, nice and slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:47 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I vouch for what Hil said. Imogen Heap is awesome. :)

Goldfrapp

Goldfrapp is the duo of Alison Goldfrapp & Will Gregory, they're relatively new, and have only been recording since 1999. They're both English and play mostly Electronica, Pop & Dance.

Website: http://www.goldfrapp.co.uk/ (this is the weirdest site, ever)

kudos sasha+gregory // PPT's Unofficial President

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

DM was on fire! wrote:
Bangel wrote:

You, out of all people, I would've expected to be a Gwen Stefani fan.
Guess I was extremely wrong. o_o

You hate me that much?

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:07 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
black_wolve0 wrote:
Cake
Cake is pop/rock :). It's very unusual, the three main instruments in songs being Piano, gutair and the trumpet. A lot of the songs have a bouncy feel to them, and they're good for chilling out.

Songs I reccomend:
Comfort Eagle-Most well known
Meanwhile, Rick James-VERY bouncy tune
Shadow Stabbing-Interesting one, mostly gutair in it. The chorus is just brilliant in this.
Long line of cars- Unusual rhythm, nice and slow.

My friend went to see Cake back in the day. Apprently they perform EXACTLY like they sound. The band is super energetic and popping about while the singer stands around, somewhat depressed and seems like he couldn't care less.

By the by, whenever a female friend asks for fashion advice from me, I typically recommend a short skirt and a looooong jacket.

They've since stopped asking for advice.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next