Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Any violin players?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:35 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Hi guys :)

I know there's some of you who play violin, and I need help. I'm running the Instrumental item for my house music competition, and I've chosen the music. Trouble is, it's a band arrangement, and I need to write the 1st and 2nd violin parts myself. I'm planning on just using the flute/oboe parts, so it shouldn't be too hard to actually write the part, but I'm having a memory block.

What's the highest note that a violinist who's been playing for a couple of years can play? I know the lowest note is G below middle C, but I can't remember the highest note - it's been 5 years since I've played, and I was more advanced than some of the players I'll have.

IIRC, chromatic is hard to do on violin, isn't it? There's a chromatic part, and I think it's best to leave out but I don't remember properly.

Also, if you wouldn't mind taking a look at the two parts once I've done, that'd be great. I'll save it to .pdf so everyone can read them - but I have to write them first ;)

Gone, forever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, the "highest note" question would really depend on what positions you're comfortable with. For example, if the highest position that you're comfortable with is third position, then your highest note would be D on the E string, or E if you want to count the over-reach + harmonic.

As for chromatic passages, I find them to be quite easy on the violin. Anything thing involving half-steps is easy on the violin because they're easy to finger... almost as easy as the piano. Almost XD

Post subject: um
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:42 pm 

Um well, i play violin but Im not very good...sorry about that. I'm grade 5 soon.... Played for 4 years...

My brothers grade 8 though. hes 14 years old and has been playing for 8 years. I think. But seriously, I dont think he would help at all. For a starters he doesnt go on this forum...there are like 20 other reasons on top of that too.

WAIT A SECOND! The highest not played? My brother said 10th position today when he was doing his practice. I was just like oh my...

Thanks for the avveh Clare!
I < 333 SuzanneC! Thanks sooo much for MVC!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:53 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Location: Faster than a speeding IM! Stronger than an ox on steroids! Pinker than a bottle of Pepto-Bismol!
Well I've played for about 4 years and the highest note is before the bridge where the sound makes babies cry.

Hold onto your seats people... the SL is back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:36 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Just do a scale up...lol. If necessary, tune to octaves below... such as an A note to open A string, etc. I don't know which note is the highest >.< bleeeh...afraid I can't help you there. But it goes preeetty high, I must say. As said above, you can actually have notes where your fingers are off the fingerboard... so it gets pretty crazy, but you need quite a bit of skill to play that well o.O; heh.
It's not too bad, because the notes get closer and closer together, the higher you go up. By the time you're high enough, each note is a finger budge away, lol. NIce and easy to reach, so you can just fiddle around(eeeh, no pun intended) heh. Good luck, sorry I can't really help you more >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:30 pm 

The first response to this thread was the best.
If you're comfortable in third position, you can reach the E harmonic quite easily. Otherwise the highest note would be a D.

But then again, there's 5th, 7th & tons more positions.
So it just depends on the highest position your violinists can play in.

hi, i'm clare. & i'm a hardcore hawk freak.
ImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]