Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hedley?...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:29 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Yes, Hedley. Their debut self-titled has been rather single, spurring off four singles so far. The lead singer managed to get rather far in a season of Canadian Idol, and after touring with Simple Plan they've embarked on some shows of their own, I THINK...

Anyway, their singles Villian, On My Own, Trip, and 321 are pretty good. I think that the lead singer needs to stop moving so much when singing (o_O), they ned to get rid of soapy males in their undergarments in their music videos (!!!) and Jacob Hoggard's voice is a bit odd, but still... I like them, they're okay, lol... anybody else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I really tried giving this band a chance, and they screwed up.

First off, the lead singer Jacob Hoggard acts like a 5 year old on sugar. He can't stand STILL and sing -- not even for a slow song! It's ridiculous; I understand you have to have a certain amount of energy but he just pushes that boundry and completely acts as if he's having an epliptic seizure on stage.

Their songs aren't even that good; I like "On My Own" and I don't mind "Trip" but "3 2 1" is completely stupid. The video is crappy and that song is crappy.

All in all, I hope Hedley disappears soon...or gets a new lead singer.

Set by Medli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: Politically Sanitized, Non-Jim-Slappable Location. La Button par _jaye_
Ammer wrote:
I really tried giving this band a chance, and they screwed up.

First off, the lead singer Jacob Hoggard acts like a 5 year old on sugar. He can't stand STILL and sing -- not even for a slow song! It's ridiculous; I understand you have to have a certain amount of energy but he just pushes that boundry and completely acts as if he's having an epliptic seizure on stage.

You're totally right! There's this band I found, its called the Rolling Stones or something. The lead singer is all charismatic and moving and stuff. I hate it. His name is Mick Jaggity or Jick Magger or Lips McGee or something. Anyways, he's never just standing singing the song backed by some electronic doo-hickies.

Now, anyone who knows anything knows that the only qualifications for a lead singer is to look hot. Talent? Negotiable. Give me a good Lindsay Lohan, Kelly Clarkson, Ashlee Simpson any day. That's where the real music is, baby! As long as they can stand still so they don't distract from the poor hormonal segment of our society getting a good peek-a-boo at their... talents. Or entirely memorable acts like All American Rejects. Now there's a band that will be around for ever! I read an interview in Rolling Stone. The lead singer owns four albums. A whole four. Now there's a true music consaisseur that deserves the respect of the throbbing, teeming, pre-pubescent fan base solely due to his unprecedented musical skills. Also, he kinda looks cute on the music videos but I'm sure that has no relevance.

Heaven knows someone like that old guy will vanish soon too. I'm glad he won't influence the entire rock and roll world and completely revamp the role of the lead singer in a rock band context. Someone like that will never be known as the greatest rock singer in history. I'm glad that we have such excellent artists at our disposal today that can compete for that title. Who should we nominate from your collection?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:19 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

*blinks* The Rolling Stones are from the 60s and 70s...and are massive...they influenced the entire music industry and the way that fans work. They were like the rock and roll version of The Beatles!

Actually I'm going to be quiet now before I start pondering about how the bands you mentioned would be without the Rolling Stones

Neo-user: racheyr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:24 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

happytin wrote:
*blinks* The Rolling Stones are from the 60s and 70s...and are massive...they influenced the entire music industry and the way that fans work. They were like the rock and roll version of The Beatles!

Actually I'm going to be quiet now before I start pondering about how the bands you mentioned would be without the Rolling Stones

I think he was being sarcastic. :P

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:41 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

*calms down and stops marching around*

Oh phew....phew....puff....that's okay then....carry on :) :oops:

Neo-user: racheyr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:03 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I like their song called "On my own." That is the only song I like from their album and I think that the main singer does act weird as well. I guess that's his style of performing but I wouldn't call him 5 year old on sugar.

Set made by YesItIsh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:10 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I want to put the lead singer into a straightjacket.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]