Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fuel
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Didn't see a thread on this, hope there isn't one.

Anyway, I've just recently discovered this band's music (I've heard some of their songs/I've heard of the band before, but I never really went out and listened to anything from them) and it's just fantastic. I downloaded the album "The Best of Fuel" off iTunes and there's not a single song on it I don't like (which is very rare for me with albums).

I'm not really sure how big they are worldwide (I'm fairly sheltered), but opinions...?

the greatest love story never told.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:49 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
/throw-up

I don't like Fuel. I don't know why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: Watching little birds fly kamikaze missions into the walls.
I love Fuel! I used to listen to them quite a few years ago, then go hooked on other music and kind of forgot about them. Then Chris sang "Hemmorhage (In My Hands)" on American Idol, and I was hooked on Fuel all over again. I have to download more songs and look up what I used to listen to by them.

It was an honor serving you PPT. I will miss you.
Click here to join my new werewolf forum!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:29 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I liked a couple of their songs from back in the day, when they were more, popish...but then, they did a song on the Daredevil soundtrack (and a music video, which the lead singer is HOT) and I got hooked on them again!

«Don't play with fire, play with Rachel.»

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

mayanspypilot wrote:
I love Fuel! I used to listen to them quite a few years ago, then go hooked on other music and kind of forgot about them. Then Chris sang "Hemmorhage (In My Hands)" on American Idol, and I was hooked on Fuel all over again. I have to download more songs and look up what I used to listen to by them.

Same here, heh. I was listening to Chris singing it again one day and thought "you know, that song doesn't sound half bad", which led to the madness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

They were big a few years back, in the late 90s. I remember rocking out to them in middle school. I still have their first CD.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well, it was time for me to splurge and buy myself a present just because...so I was inspired to buy a CD by Fuel. I bought "Something Like Human". I really like it. I would definitely recommend it (if you're into bands like Fuel).

Post subject: Re: Fuel
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:10 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Bangel wrote:
Didn't see a thread on this, hope there isn't one.

Anyway, I've just recently discovered this band's music (I've heard some of their songs/I've heard of the band before, but I never really went out and listened to anything from them) and it's just fantastic. I downloaded the album "The Best of Fuel" off iTunes and there's not a single song on it I don't like (which is very rare for me with albums).

I'm not really sure how big they are worldwide (I'm fairly sheltered), but opinions...?

One of my favorite bands... I've seen them... seven times in concert (had to count!). that's most I've ever seen one band. Brett is an amazing vocalist, I hope they can get Chris to replace him. Luckily the guy who writes all the songs, Carl, is still in the group.
Anyhow, if you like The Best of Fuel, you'll probably like all their other songs. My personal favorite is Ozone, off their first album.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just wanted to post I'm still addicted to them... I have every song they have available on iTunes except for "It's Come to This", "Song for You", "Mary Pretends", "Hideaway", "King for a Day", "Walk the Sky" (ran out of money) and "Daniel" and "Going to California" (they were only available if you bought the entire album (Something Like Human), and I already had most of the songs on that album so I didn't want to buy the whole album just for those).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bangel wrote:
Just wanted to post I'm still addicted to them... I have every song they have available on iTunes except for "It's Come to This", "Song for You", "Mary Pretends", "Hideaway", "King for a Day", "Walk the Sky" (ran out of money) and "Daniel" and "Going to California" (they were only available if you bought the entire album (Something Like Human), and I already had most of the songs on that album so I didn't want to buy the whole album just for those).

"Daniel" and "Going to California" are both covers. "Daniel" is an Elton John song and "Going to California" is by Led Zeppelin. I like both of the covers, but the originals are better (especially LZ <3 )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:03 am 
PPT God
PPT God

mayanspypilot wrote:
Bangel wrote:

"Daniel" and "Going to California" are both covers. "Daniel" is an Elton John song and "Going to California" is by Led Zeppelin. I like both of the covers, but the originals are better (especially LZ <3 )

Yeah, they like to do a cover every now and then. I have them doing Revolution by the Beatles, and Breed by Nirvana (which is onr of my favorites!). I know they did a pink floyd song too. But i had to get those through limewire, they aren't on any cds as far as I know.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]