Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

College Football

Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:23 am

College football season is starting up! I've become a fan of college football recently. The University of Texas' (at Austin) first game is/was tonight against the University of North Texas. UT has an awesome team.

Hook 'Em Horns! :P

Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:24 am

they cooked dem bad 75-0 Texas rocks i cant wait for florida state to kill canes!

Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:31 am

T.K. wrote:they cooked dem bad 75-0 Texas rocks i cant wait for florida state to kill canes!

o.o Woah? UT won by that much? Sweeet. Today I was at my mom's store (it's practically in the UT campus) and every person until around 3:30 pm was wearing orange. XD One person came in wearing a UNT shirt. :P

Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:57 am

65 - 0. =)

Did you guys hear about Oregon State's kicker Serna? I believe he missed all three extra point attempts (the biggest one coming in overtime) and helped LSU win the first game of the season 22-21. o_O

Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:32 pm

GO BUCKEYES! Ohio state rocks! I will always love them. Michigan, GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:42 pm

Yeah, tough luck for Serna. How do you miss three extra points?

That's like dropping three golf balls and having them all miss the ground. One, I can see. But three?

I'm more impressed by Kay-Jay Harris of WVU rushing for a Big East record 337 yards against East Carolina. He'd never had a 100-yard day before that.

Side note on Kay-Jay's record day: The six highest rushing totals in single games in the Big East all came from three schools: WVU, Pittsburgh, and Miami. Each of those schools has two of the top six.

You'd think at least one other school would find a way to put someone in that list.

Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:46 pm

zero!AKArbpnmn wrote:GO BUCKEYES! Ohio state rocks! I will always love them. Michigan, GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Aha, yes! GO OSU! :D

OSU beat Cincinnati 27-6. I like OSU better, though I live in Cinci.

Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:21 am

Haven't seen any games yet. But all I have to say is Go Pitt! and Go PennState! :D

Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:40 pm

Eh. I'm a Gators/Canes fan and the Gators first game I don't remember who they're playin but the Canes, I'm sorry to say T.K. but I gotta cheer 'em on against the Seminoles.

Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:30 am

Yay! UT won its second game against I think Baylor! w00t :P

Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:00 pm

Let's not forget the best team of them all:

NAVY!!!

They've got a four game winning streak so far... Tonight they play Air Force.

Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:19 pm

I also love college football. For me its Notre Dame, Temple, Villanova, Delaware, and Penn State, and University of Penn. I'm going to Villanova game later on this year.

Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:59 pm

UT has won all their games so far. (4 or 5). This Saturday is the famous (or infamous?) Red River Shootout against OU. I really want the UT shirt that says "O-Who?" :lol:

Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:50 pm

I am a very big fan of collage football lol! I love LSU (louisiana state university) But they are not doing as well as they did last year. Last year they won the Sugar Bowl and were the national champs

Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:33 pm

i like penn state also but they havn't done squat since kerry collins went pro =/ i'm lookin forward to college basketball instead, go Kentucky! :D
Topic locked