Sports discussion. Towel whipping is strictly prohibited. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
Topic locked

High School Football

Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:16 pm

I don't think there's a high school Football topic yet. (as in American Football) High school Football is my favorite type of football and It's probably because I'm a cheerleader but I loooove football.

Our team is going to the Playoffs and we tied 3 way for our conference champs depending on whether the other two teams lost their games. I hope they did.

So how is everyone elses team at their school doing?

Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:35 pm

Horrible.

We're 1-2 in the division and 2-4 overall. We have a game every week till the last game (Thanksgiving Day), which isnt a long time.

Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:50 pm

Bleh my team lost to our rival 42-6 on Friday. I wouldn't say we're doing the best :(

Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:38 pm

When I was in high school... in grades 11, 12 (all of... four.. eep... years ago), the school won every game it played except for the provincial final the second year.
Quite a record.
My brother was a Nose... something Nose guard? Defensive nose? on the team. He was good... until when he went to try out for the Huskies someone trying out for the same spot as him tackled him ilegally and broke his knee.
The guy got in too. And my brother (six years later)... has yet to recover. *aggrivation*

Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:32 pm

I guess our team is pretty good. We won the last two games I went to (first and second night games since 1950-something) and then they lost one after that, but I don't know how they're doing now. I haven't been keeping track or going to the games, though I find them fun.

Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:45 pm

When I was a junior, my highschool won the championship. It was kinda cool and kinda annoying.

It was cool because we had the best team and a significant portion of our team was injured and we almost didn't make it there (there was some kinda bizzare 3 way tie where they had to pull a ping pong ball out of the hat with our school colors painted on it as opposed to the other team's so that we could make it there).

It was annoying because the football players got special treatment. I heard of one case where the father of the quarterback got pulled over for some minor infraction like speeding. When the cop saw his lisence, he asked if he was related to the quarterback. When he replied that he was the father, the cop let him off without a ticket just because his son was insturmental in us winning the championship.

Sometimes it stinks to live in a small town where everyone knows, or knows of just about everyone else in the town.

Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:16 am

We're going to the playoffs too!

For no particular reason, I whip towels at everyone here.

Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:05 am

I don't even know how my school's football team is doing. I thik we have a winning record, but if we do, it's not by that much. Not exactly a sports school, you could say.

Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:06 pm

We lost our first playoff game. So much for that... we're out. But the school had like 5 times more people that go there. It was a huge school. They've been some kind of state champs or something 4 out of the last 5 years. And our football players attitudes were getting bad towards the end of the season.

Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:44 am

Well, last year and the year before our team won state championships for our division, and it's setting up to be an okay year this year... I like football a lot, I guess it's cause I'm a cheerleader to....o_0

Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:42 am

Monroe Bearcats (Washington) have finished their season 1-9. The Assistant Coach is my Social Studies teacher and he got mad in class... :lol:

Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:43 am

We almost made it to the playoffs. But then we lost to our rival team. But we did pretty good this year. Compared to all the other 3 years I've been in the school. It's cool that my in my final year here the team did well. I'm happy for them.
Topic locked