Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:06 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

SpiraLethe wrote:
You know, I've hardly ever heard Yankees fans talk smack about the Red Sox, especially at this forum. I'd like to see the same courtesy.

That's because they Yankees haven't suffered for 86 long and miserable years. You don't understand what it's like to live in Boston when your team hasn't won in 86 years. Obviously we're gonna talk smack at the Yankees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Because of your own team's failings and misfortunes, you're going to talk smack about someone else. :roll:

Naniwai wrote:
SpiraLethe wrote:
You know, I've hardly ever heard Yankees fans talk smack about the Red Sox, especially at this forum. I'd like to see the same courtesy.

You'd be surprised.
On PPT? That's because so many of us are Red Sox fans anyway.

And I wouldn't condone Yankees fans talking smack about the Red Sox. I think it's a courtesy everyone should show everyone.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Last edited by SpiraLethe on Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:17 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Not about someone else. About a baseball team. There's a huge difference.
*thinks* bitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:18 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

So it's okay when it's a group of people and not individuals?

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:20 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

No. I am not talking about A-rod and Jeter and Rivera. I am talking about the Yankees as a team.

You could never really understand.

Please don't take your team's loss out on us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Pardon?

I think it's rude no matter which team we're talking about.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

So I shouldn't hate the Yankees even though my team and its fans have been tortured by them for 86 years? I shouldn't be allowed to gloat and celebrate for awhile after being made fun of by Yankees fans ever since I became a baseball fan in 3rd grade? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Please stop trying to start a fight. I really do not want this to escalate and get the thread off topic. If you still feel the need to speak to me about it, do so via PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

To clarify for the rest of the forum browsers, I was not trying to start a fight. I think it's courteous for people to act according to good sportsmanship here at PPT, thus I requested that people do so. I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:28 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

SpiraLethe wrote:

I must've miss when Red Sox fans were talking smack here. I did see a few Yankees fans say a little smack about the Red Sox, and some Red Sox fans came back and defended their team.

But if you mean in general then you should take a look at the LJ Yankees fan community. They're constantly insulting the Red Sox and their fans. Or even better, look at the Anti Red Sox community, where that insult the Red Sox way more then the Anti Yankees community.
And yeah, Red Sox fans say some bad stuff too, and I don't agree with that. I try only to root for my team.

I'm also not trying to start a fight, I'm just defending my team.

<center>Image
Pink line pwns all!
</center>
Image <-- Thanks Medli!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:59 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Please don't make me go back and quote. I didn't read most of the thread, so I apologised if I didn't read any Yankees fan bashing the Red Sox.

However, as I wrote above, I don't condone anyone bashing any team in such a way here at PPT. Criticism and putting down are different. I don't think such behavior is quite sporting. Just because you don't know these people, doesn't mean they're any less human. I was thinking about how such behavior would cause some sort of all out war, but too late for that, eh?

And to answer your question, I didn't mean in general. I only meant here at PPT.

"Defending" your team isn't an excuse for anything. People have been unfairly rude to each other, nothing excuses that. Just because someone does something to you, doesn't mean you should do it back at them, even if that person wasn't right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:57 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I relized after posting that last night, that there was some Yankee bashing that I did miss. I'm sorry for making that mistake.

And by defending I didn't mean going "Your team sucks and we're gonna beat you really bad" or anything like that. I tried to not be rude, and to base my response on facts of what really happen.

I think this thread is getting way off-topic. I think we should just all make sure not to bash any teams or players here. And I apoligize if I ever said anything that came off as bashing another team.

<center>Image
Pink line pwns all!
</center>
Image <-- Thanks Medli!!

Last edited by Strechii on Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:03 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thank you very much for understanding. Sorry this dragged for so long. I didn't mean to start something like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:09 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well. Anyway, The WORLD SERIES BEGINS!!!
And boy was game 1 a fun one!
There was a lead. THen it got tied up. Lead. Tied up. And then boom.
End the game with a nice dinger off the foul pole :D

Sox Takes game 1, 11-9 :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:26 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

I will never ever say a bad thing about Mark Bellhorn again, unless he does a Bill Buckner :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:00 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Lass wrote:
I will never ever say a bad thing about Mark Bellhorn again, unless he does a Bill Buckner :P

I told people he could hit!! Well maybe I just told my dad, because he keeps saying such and such can't hit and then they get a huge hit. Actually, every time he had a bad feeling they win.. I guess they play better when he loses faith.

Good thing it's not me who has to lose faith. When they were down by like 7 runs in the 7th inning I still thought they could win. :lol:

Game 2 in 9 hours.. :)

<center>Image
Pink line pwns all!
</center>
Image <-- Thanks Medli!!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next