Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:46 am

Asking me to pick a favorite would be like choosing between my children. Well.. if I had any.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:14 pm

I don't venture here that often but...
I just happened to finish watching Princess Mononoke a few minutes ago....
I'm not to happy about the ending and a couple other things, but overall, it was a great movie. I still can't decide if I liked it more then Spirited Away though.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:38 pm

Here's my personal breakdown:

Best near-the-end-of-the-movie moment: Kiki's Delivery Service

Best ending song: Spirited Away

Best English dub-job: Princess Mononoke

Best overall... most memorable to me: Totoro

Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:47 pm

Chanel wrote:Best ending song: Spirited Away

Oh man, I love that song....I spent nine months learning how to sing it for the school talent show, but they wouldn't let me because it was in Japanese -_-

Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:09 am

Amethyst wrote:

Oh man, I love that song....I spent nine months learning how to sing it for the school talent show, but they wouldn't let me because it was in Japanese -_-

WHAT?!

*whaps your school on the nose with newspaper*

That song is just too catchy... and the harp instrument thingie goes so well with the vocals <3

Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:55 pm

Chanel wrote:
Amethyst wrote:

WHAT?!

*whaps your school on the nose with newspaper*

That song is just too catchy... and the harp instrument thingie goes so well with the vocals <3

Yeah....I actually knew a girl who was going to do a harp accompaniment for me, but they didn't know what I was saying and it might have been inappropriate. I had a translation of the lyrics, and it's really a very sweet song <3

Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:41 am

That's why more high schools should offer Japanese as a class, even satellite classes will do :)

Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:20 am

Spirited Away is possibly my favorite film of all time, period.

I don't know why, but it always makes me feel just a little sad... To me, it's very nostalgic, and it makes me miss childhood. Not that I appreciated childhood much while I was stuck in it...but, you know...

That song still goes through my head now and then. *siiiigh* Lovely music!

The dubbed version of Spirited Away wasn't too bad (even though I hate dubs), and I liked the voice for Chihiro, but they added a few lines. I think it was to explain things better, but it's sort of superfluous. For example, Chihiro says "A bathhouse?" or something like that upon seeing the bathhouse - because, you know, the audience just couldn't figure that out on their own. :roll: Watch it in Japanese first.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:30 am

Eluthia wrote:Spirited Away is possibly my favorite film of all time, period.

I don't know why, but it always makes me feel just a little sad... To me, it's very nostalgic, and it makes me miss childhood. Not that I appreciated childhood much while I was stuck in it...but, you know...

The dubbed version of Spirited Away wasn't too bad (even though I hate dubs), and I liked the voice for Chihiro, but they added a few lines. I think it was to explain things better, but it's sort of superfluous. For example, Chihiro says "A bathhouse?" or something like that upon seeing the bathhouse - because, you know, the audience just couldn't figure that out on their own. :roll: Watch it in Japanese first.

I feel the same way about the movie. It's my favorite, too. :)

PM me sometime.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:35 am

Eluthia wrote:Spirited Away is possibly my favorite film of all time, period.

The scene with the train made me cry. It still does.

The Japanese version is muchly better, though. Even the plot is slightly different. Chihiro doesn't even know that Haku's a dragon until she starts shouting at him, and Haku's real name is longer and spiffier=3

-sigh- Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi....Just saying it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy^^
Topic locked