Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:38 am

Iron Chef Tacobell wrote:Incidentally, the show is still going on in Japan. So far, there have been over 350 episodes and (I think) 6 movies!

My gosh! The poor kid stays young for that long! That's kind of horrible.

It is a pretty good show, but not one of my favorites. I do like that I only need to see the last ten minutes. Good old pulp detective novel format.

Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:35 am

Stumpy wrote:Am I the only person who, when hears the title, thinks of Conan: The Barbarian with a magnifying glass and sleuth hat?

Actually the title reminds me of Conan O'Brien on NBC latenight... guess i'm too much of a late night show watcher... (or was till my new job politely requested i not fall asleep at the office :zzz: ;) )

Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:42 pm

timkhj wrote:
Stumpy wrote:Am I the only person who, when hears the title, thinks of Conan: The Barbarian with a magnifying glass and sleuth hat?

Actually the title reminds me of Conan O'Brien on NBC latenight... guess i'm too much of a late night show watcher... (or was till my new job politely requested i not fall asleep at the office :zzz: ;) )

That's what I think of whenever I hear about it: Conan O'Brien. (however, I think of Triumph. o.o)

Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:54 am

If any of you guys are romantics like I am, just watch the first 3 episodes!!

I love this show! Too bad it comes on at 1 where i'm from.

There's one episode where he learns how to change back into a teenager again! Unfortunately I don't know what happens after that episode. Loved that episode. . .

Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:26 pm

timkhj wrote:

All of the criminals appear on TVs, and only their lips move.

Honestly, I can't say I'm a big fan. Something about this show just angers up my blood, and I can't figure out what it is.

Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:09 pm

you know I do like this series, but I think what I like the most is how he's a kid and he has to get around that to solve the cases. that and the struggle not to let his girl know. heh. ;)

Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:39 pm

I always feel bad for his girlfriend. She almost never seems concerned with the fact that he's gone, unless for some reason someone else mentions him. {i.e. the episode with the girl pretending to be his girlfriend, etc.}

Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:58 pm

Awesome anime! :) I always look forward to watching it, even if they are reruns. :D

Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:52 pm

I finally got to see some of this anime and its good, but cheesy. They could've done away with the skateboards...
Topic locked