Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Collecting

Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:20 am

After thought and rounding up of finances, I've decided to start a manga collection. I've enjoyed fansubs for a long time now, but never made the jump into start buying the books and DVDs. Since most Shonen Jump's now run for about 8$, and TokyoPops are around 10$ it'll be a lot easier for me to fill it up.

Any ideas for some good graphic novels to start off my collection? I've been thinking about investing in Pita Ten and Love Hina, but otherwise I'm clueless.

Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:28 am

Well, first off, keep in mind that Love Hina is like 20 volumes long. ~ $200 if you buy it all. Is that okay with you?
I have a problem with collecting long series (Angel Sanctuary, X/1999, Oh My Goddess!). I don't really think about it when buying it, but sometimes I see it on my shelf and cringe to think how much money it was/will be.

Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:19 am

Yeah. Watch out for those long series. God knows the money tossed out on things like that.

Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:59 am

There are some good shorter series if you just want something to start with like:

Alice 19th (7 books)
Angelic Layer (5 books)
Aqua Knight (3 books)
Battle Angel Alita (9 books + a second series)
Cardcaptor Sakura (12 books)
Chobits (8 books)
CLAMP School Detectives (3 books)
Clover (4 books)
Escaflowne, The Vision of (8 books)
Futaba-kun Change (8 books)
Kazan (7 books)
Love Hina (14 books)
Magic Knight Rayearth (6 books)
Man of Many Faces (2 books)
Miracle Girls (9 books)
Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind (4 books)
No Need for Tenchi (12 books + a second series)
Pita-Ten (8 books)
Sailor Moon (18 books through 3 series)
Saint Tail (7 books)
Sorcerer Hunters (12 books)
Tokyo Mew Mew (7 books + a new series coming soon)
Wish (4 books)

Some were a bit long, but they're really good. :) I'm sure there's more that we have, but we haven't read them yet. I'll set Tim to it, though. ;) lol

Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:13 pm

Alichino only has 2 volumes but that's because the author never finished the series... The art is beautiful though <3
I'm currently collecting Gravitation (12) and CCS (also 12)

Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:18 pm

I loved Petshop of Horrors and it's only ten volumes long. I was sad it was that short, but it did make it easier on my budget. :)
Topic locked