Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Digimon: Data Squad/Digimon Savers

Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:54 pm

IT NEEDS A THREAD TOO KTHX.

Well, am I the only PPTer excited for Data Squad when it premieres Monday? It's going to feel a little strange to me because I've seen a few episodes of the Japanese version, so the English version will be a little surreal.

And...

IKUTO = KEENAN CRIER = NO. XD

Re: Digimon: Data Squad/Digimon Savers

Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:02 pm

DM was on fire! wrote:Well, am I the only PPTer excited for Data Squad when it premieres Monday? It's going to feel a little strange to me because I've seen a few episodes of the Japanese version, so the English version will be a little surreal.
No, of course not :P. It's just that it doesn't have a Canadian release yet that I'm aware of :(. I'll keep waiting for it, even if it's Family channel *shudder*.

DM was on fire! wrote:IKUTO = KEENAN CRIER = NO. XD
I don't mind Noguchi -> Crier. Actually, I really like Crier as a Surname. Keenan is kind of stupid, well, rather stupid, but it's better than if they'd gone with Ike or Isaac or something matching Ikuto. Still, They could have left it as it was.
Satsuma -> Sampson is kind of eh too, but all-in-all I don't mind the other dub names much.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:13 pm

The Mini-Skirt Police makes me LOL. XD
I'm happy with the dubname changes as well. It could've been a lot worse (*cough*4kids*cough*), but it's fairly good. They did basically what they did with the past seasons, ie: Taichi = Tai, Daisuke = Davis, Ruki = Rika, Hikari = Kari, Takeru = TK, and so on. :)

I don't think I would've minded Isaac though.
Or maybe even something jungle-y to tie in with the fact that Ikuto was raised in the forests. :)

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:00 pm

When/where is this premiering?

Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:27 pm

Byakuya San wrote:When/where is this premiering?

October 1st on Toon Disney's Jetix, 8:30 PM (Dunno which time zone this is, best to check you local listings if you get the channel).

I expect a Canadian listing will follow soon-ish, either on YTV or Family.

Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:03 pm

Dyl wrote:
Byakuya San wrote:When/where is this premiering?

October 1st on Toon Disney's Jetix, 8:30 PM (Dunno which time zone this is, best to check you local listings if you get the channel).

I expect a Canadian listing will follow soon-ish, either on YTV or Family.

Pssh, forget it then. I only have basic cable.

Well, I suppose there's alaways subs...

Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:18 am

Dub will prolly be on Youtube eventually..maybe.

Olol Crispin Freeman as Tohma (aka Thomas.. .-.) is win.

Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:46 pm

OHYEAH.
Byakuya, the sub's on YouTube right now if you want to catch it. ^^

Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Heheh.. Crispin.. *coughshiftyeyes*

I'm torn on the dub really. The theme song wasn't my taste, and neither were some of the voices.. I have to honestly say though, "Sampson"'s voice.. = hot. xD

Gaomon's voice will be intresting to hear, since he also does Guy on Naruto.. xDD There will probably be a difference in the voices.. I hope.. because all the more I love Guy's voice, Gaomon + Guy voice = do not want.

Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:27 pm

Having now seen the first episode's dub the most stand-out things I noticed:

- They pronounce Digimon weird, like dee-gee-mon. This annoys me, you don't pronounce 'digital' 'deegeetal', do you?
- They put a batman-like insert over where Agumon kicked Masaru/Marcus' crotch. Understandable, really.
- Kamemon spoke. o_0
- They kept 'This is the worst'. :D
- Digisoul -> DNA charge. :(

Overall, it was a good dub. It kept a lot of the nostalgia feeling directed toward the previous series. I can be nit-picky while watching it, but they did a good job dubbing it. Sampson's voice was good, Kudamon's was really good, all the dub voices were good, (except maybe Marcus thinking he's a 1920's~ish gangster (Seriously - toots?)), and Agumon's 1-2-3-go line felt a bit awkward. They introduced Yoshi as a pet name for Yoshino really well and generally transfered everything into English very well. I mean, coffee jelly? Ick. Chocolate pudding > coffee jelly.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:02 pm

ANIKI (BIG BROTHER) = BOSS = NO.
"YES, MASTER" = "YES, SIR" = NO.

Those are probably really my only two gripes about it. Marcus' voice seems a little off kilter, but everything else seems pretty good. :D

Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:21 pm

Changing "Aniki" to "Boss" I don't mind (though it does help ruin the 'Agumon with his head stuck in a garbage can' scene in the first episode). I can't really think of anything greatly better they could have used.
Changing "Yes, Master" to "Sir, yes sir", I can understand, I guess. Same number of syllables and stuff, and "Yes, Master" doesn't fit with Gaomon's dub voice (cringe). I think they didn't want Gaomon calling Thomas 'Master'?
The constant repeating of Marcus' "It's fightin' time" irritates me, but that's offset by them keeping Yoshino's "This is the worst" :D.

The voices for Masaru and Agumon 'm getting used to, they're getting better. Thomas' voice is really good, and overall the casting is quite good.
Gaomon's voice... No. I went into more detail on this on my LJ, but that more detail was essentially 'No.' posted about 50 more times. (Based solely on episode 3) I do not like Gaomon's dub voice.

Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:14 am

DM, did you watch the japanese version on youtube? i have a torrent of it, but it's really slow and huge

Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:27 pm

matchbow wrote:DM, did you watch the japanese version on youtube? i have a torrent of it, but it's really slow and huge

I've seen a few episodes of it on YouTube. :)
Slow and huge = not for me, though. My internet fails at life. D:

Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:06 am

They turned BomberNanimon into an orange. *Is dreading seeing episode 7*
Dreading even seeing the preview for it. There was something around before the dub started airing; I was really hoping that was a joke someone had made, but it wasn't :(.
Disney didn't want any walking bombs, apparently. I hope they change the calling him Citramon, go with OrangeNanimon at least.

Also, "He's an egg." in episode 5 was hilarious. I absolutely love that part.
Topic locked