Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Read or Die!

Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:43 pm

I just purchased Read or Die, and I'm about to watch it. Will it be cool? Will it be terrible? Will it be so-so? (I sincerely hope it's the first, I paid $25 bucks for it.) Oh, the suspense! :o

Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:11 pm

:o I want to see Read Or Die sooooo much! I read in Animerica that its really good! Let me know what you think!

Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:31 pm

Are you talking about the OVA or the series?

The one with Yomiko Readman (I think thats it) is the OVA and has to be watched first, some of it is pretty crazy, then you have the Read or Die TV series that comes after it that gets even more insane.

Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:19 am

It will be cool. It made me wanna read. It was the first thing to make me feel like that (Chanel does not like to read).

Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:14 am

Read or Die is awsome! I borrowed it from a friend not to long ago. It was cool. It was the 3 ep./movie whatever you wanna call it.

Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:30 am

I saw the first part of the OVA about a year ago. I don't remember alot about the plot, but I know I liked it. Last week in class we watched the first episode of the TV series, which was interesting, and I would like to see more.

Didn't realize that the series was out on DVD. I think I'll have to get that or the OVA. All the more reason to stop at Suncoast this week.

Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:47 am

Yeah I bought the RoD 3 ep DVD at Suncoast :D

Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:20 am

Ah, I'm too lazy to gamble with my anime. I rent something and then buy it later. I'm currently on a mission to find the rest of the Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi DVDs.
I've heard a lot of good things about Read or Die. I haven't gotten a chance to see it yet, but it is on my list, along with a lot of other shows. Let me know how it is. ;D

Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:00 pm

It turned out to be awesome! You guys should definetly look in to it. (If you're 13 or older, of course. No kids. It's violent.)

Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:19 pm

Fiddelysquat wrote:It turned out to be awesome! You guys should definetly look in to it. (If you're 13 or older, of course. No kids. It's violent.)

Really? Great! :D I'm putting it on my list of animes to buy/see. 8)

Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:45 am

Anytime I can buy an entire anime series for a great price, it's a great deal. Oh why can't FLCL follow suit? But yey for RoD!

Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:40 am

Fiddelysquat wrote: No kids. It's violent.)

Lots of papercuts :3

Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:50 pm

I just watch it on G4Tech, but they edit out something so I let my bro watch it too, It is awesome, too abd they stopped it to show Gungrave, Maggie is my fav, she's really funny, especially the way she cries (So...so...so...) but i though it was fuuny to watch it on G4Tech, cuz that one ep witht the hot springs, they had to blurr out 'somethings'...and some of the bigger words, other than that its a great anime, how much does it cost again?I'm broke, but i can at least try to save up for it, right?

Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:14 pm

I watched a couple episodes this weekend on G4Tech. I wish I could have watched more. It looks like it will be on again according to their schedule, though. I wish I had known the shows changed. ;) I had taken a break from G4Tech because I had seen everything and they were just replaying. I didn't know they were showing new series until I saw this thread earlier. ;)

I really like what I've seen of R.O.D. Who couldn't like a show whose main characters are obsessed with books? ^.^

Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:52 am

I'm going to find out how good Read or Die is this Saturday at 8pm on Cartoon Network. Hopefully, its good like you guys said.
Topic locked