Know your Gundams from your Evas? Your Chobits from your .hack? Think Boba is the best thing since Pocky? You're not alone. Enter!
Topic locked

Shaman King. Love it? Or Dump it?

Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:01 am

I am NOT talking about the show because, well the show sucks completly.

But the manga, I love

Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:16 am

I've read a teeny tiny bit of the manga... it's pretty good.

And the show does NOT suck. I saw an episode of the part of the manga I read, and it wasn't bad. Not bad at all.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:18 am

I'm sure the Japanese version of the show is quite good. And I like the manga ^^

Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:12 am

I like the manga. Not a lot of it has been released in Australia, but so far so good.

Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:42 pm

I love the manga, but I don't like the show.

The main problem I have with the show is that I don't like most of the voice-casting. I like Amidamaru and Yoh's voices, but I thought they could have found better voices for Manta, Anna, and some of the other characters.

(I haven't watched One-Piece yet. I'm afraid I'll absolutely hate the voice casting. :( )

Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:58 pm

Love completely. Easy to follow storyline, makes you want to get more into it, decent mixture of humor and drama, awesome premise, and Yoh's freaking adorable.

Now I have to read the manga...*sigh*

Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:02 pm

Amethyst wrote:Love completely. Easy to follow storyline, makes you want to get more into it, decent mixture of humor and drama, awesome premise, and Yoh's freaking adorable.

Now I have to read the manga...*sigh*

Its a wonderful manga, and I love it

My Favorite character is Anna.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:05 am

I prefer the manga over the dub... especially since I can't stand some of the dubbed voices (such as Ren as a snotty Brittish boy >_<)

Iron Chef Tacobell wrote:(I haven't watched One-Piece yet. I'm afraid I'll absolutely hate the voice casting. :( )

Don't get me started on that....ugh especially Shanks.

Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:27 am

I've read some one piece, and its not my favorite, but its ok.

I find, that Manga TV shows, often destroy the plot.

Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:37 pm

I personally love the show. I also love the manga as well. Both are pretty good. :)

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:31 pm

I like it. I don't love it, but still it's ok (the manga, I mean, I never saw the anime)

Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:32 pm

I kinda like the Anna voice, but Tray(Horohoro) is weird.

My favorite phrase that i've seen:

Molly(I think):"If our pager is broken, how will we contact you to get another one?"

Silva: Ummm....bear(points)

Everyone turns and say 'huh?"

Silva: Take care!

Everyone else: Insert:sweat

Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:26 pm

Tsumego wrote:
My favorite phrase that i've seen:

Molly(I think):"If our pager is broken, how will we contact you to get another one?"

Silva: Ummm....bear(points)

Everyone turns and say 'huh?"

Silva: Take care!

Everyone else: Insert:sweat

I laughed so hard through that entire scene...The thing with Bason getting repeatedly thumped was awesome as well :roflol:
Topic locked