Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Revolutionary Girl Utena Last Ep Question [Warning:SPOILERS]
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:28 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

It's been about a year since I last saw the end of Utena. I've only seen it once (no cash to buy the DVDs yet). Anyway, when I watched it, I assumed that Utena had 'fallen' from the Academy and that Anthy was going to look for her. However, recently while doing a bit of brushing up on the series online, I noticed one site said that Utena had actually died. Is there any verification (manga, anime, or otherwise) on whether or not she actually died in the series? I'm so far out of the old 'online anime community' loop that I really am having a hard time finding any good sites with info that could answer that question.

Thank you for any information that can be provided. I'm such an optimist and I loved the character so much (I NEVER like make characters) that I would be a bit upset to know she was 'dead', but at the same time I want to make sure I have my information correct, as it's a bit critical for an RP/crossover fic my husband and I are working on.

Mylene

P.S. Links to any particularly good Utena sites would also be quite welcome. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:08 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Revolutionary Utena is one of my all time favourite animes. <3 I'm glad someone else has at least seen it.

The last episode leaves a lot to interpretation. You can think she died or you can think she's still alive, but elsewhere. I can definitely see why she could be considered dead: the story of the boy that saved the little girl, but drowned himself. Utena is the little boy that commits this self-sacrifice. In whatever sense, she is dead to the acadamy and "forgotten".

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Last edited by SpiraLethe on Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:15 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Thanks for the info. We figured it was an interpretation sort of thing, but also wanted to be certain that there wasn't anything official written in a manga/artbook/interview with the creator or anything. In our interpretation, she's alive. ^_^ One of the very, very, very few main characters that I've totally loved. Usually I go for side characters, but Utena was just too loveable.

Thanks again for the info, much appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:18 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

No prob. ;) Sad to say, I've actually sat around pondering the deeper meanings of Utena because it's just so great.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:37 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Don't worry, you're not the only one. It jumped to the top of my favorite anime list as soon as I started watching it. Unfortunately, purchasing anime has been a bit hard with some financial issues. But in a couple more months, I'm at least going to splurge to get the first half. I'm itching to rewatch it, I've forgotten so much. My husband keeps telling me things that I simply do not remember happening, but once he says them, I can start recreating the scene. Hmmm, maybe I'll splurge next paycheck instead of in a few months. Rent will get covered somehow.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]