Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Last read manga
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

What is the last manga you have read?

I *love* manga. :) Recently, I've had a chance to read more than usual. I just finished all four volumes of Azumanga Daioh. This was such a great manga. :) So funny! Just what I needed. I think DM suggested it. If so, then a big thanks to her. If not, then thank you to whoever did suggest it. ;) My favorite characters are Chiyo-chan, Sakaki, and Osaka. I wish it was longer, though. I would love to hear about all they go through in college. :) The anime is definately on my to-get list now.

I also had a chance to get back to a series I had started a while ago, Alice 19th. I read volumes 3-4 over the weekend and just started volume 5 this morning. This manga is *so* good! Yu Watase is extremely talented. :) If nothing else, I must thank her for bringing Kyo Wakamiya into my life. <3 If he was real, I would run away with him right now. ;) I can't wait to see how this series turns out. Unfortunately, I only have 6 out of the 7 volumes. :( The 7th volume is supposed to be released Sept. 24th according to Amazon. I must put some $$ away and make sure to grab it. ;) Btw, I recommend this series, but I think girls might like it more than guys. It is excellent so far, though. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:32 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm reading Cheeky Angel right now. It's very strange, but still pretty good so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

DNAngel, volume one. :)

Gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:07 pm 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Ranma 1/2 or Demon Diary .. I usually camp out at my local bookstore all day long and read about 10 different manga series, so I can't really remember. xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Prince of Tennis, volume 3. The interval between volume releases is waaay too long!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:01 am 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

The last manga i read was Sgt. Frog Volumes 2 and 4.

Gotta love those little frogs. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:21 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Ummm..I'm not sure. I think the last I read was a Pokemon one..probably. I need to get back to my Pokemon Manga. I love that stuff. (Or atleast Magical Pokemon Journey..thats hilarious. )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I currently only own two titles, Hellsing(1-2) and Trigun (1-3). So it was probably Trigun #3, thats the last one I ordered from amazon I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Nessa wrote:
So it was probably Trigun #3, thats the last one I ordered from amazon I think.

Is that Trigun Maximum #3? I didn't know that was out yet.

Or do you mean Trigun Maximum #1? There are two volumes as far as I know of the original Trigun series, and then the Trigun Maximum series starts.

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Jasujo wrote:
Nessa wrote:
So it was probably Trigun #3, thats the last one I ordered from amazon I think.

Is that Trigun Maximum #3? I didn't know that was out yet.

Or do you mean Trigun Maximum #1? There are two volumes as far as I know of the original Trigun series, and then the Trigun Maximum series starts.

I meant Trigun Maximum #1. I don't really count trigun and trigun maximum as different series, because its the same story...just a different name. Sorry for the confusion. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:18 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Fruits Basket volume 4, it was recently delivered to my local bookstore. Woo!

Image Thanksies Dawn, sorry I didn't see it before. ^___^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:42 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

jasujo, I happen to read most of Watase Yuu's manga and hands to heart, though she's a very talented artist, her manga has not reached the popularity attained since Fushugi Yuugi, which made her famous. her subsequent works like Ayashi no Ceres and Alice 19th never really registered a lasting impression among fans. her career hit a bottleneck until recently, when she wrote the continuation to Fushugi Yuugi, fushigi yuugi gembu kaiden. i am looking forward to the Taiwanese publication for it but until now, i was quite disappointed with the rest of her works. i have not bought any of her latest title since...zetsutai kareshi for instance.

back on topic, my last read manga was Tsubasa vol 7 by Clamp

edit: BTW, what happened to the rest of the manga threads beyond the first page? i remembered starting a thread recommending some non-mainstream manga but couldn't find it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Some of the older threads were pruned due to inactivity. That may be what happened to it.

Post subject: Re: Last read manga
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:55 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Jasujo wrote:
What is the last manga you have read?

I *love* manga. :) Recently, I've had a chance to read more than usual. I just finished all four volumes of Azumanga Daioh. This was such a great manga. :) So funny! Just what I needed. I think DM suggested it. If so, then a big thanks to her. If not, then thank you to whoever did suggest it. ;) My favorite characters are Chiyo-chan, Sakaki, and Osaka. I wish it was longer, though. I would love to hear about all they go through in college. :) The anime is definately on my to-get list now.

I also had a chance to get back to a series I had started a while ago, Alice 19th. I read volumes 3-4 over the weekend and just started volume 5 this morning. This manga is *so* good! Yu Watase is extremely talented. :) If nothing else, I must thank her for bringing Kyo Wakamiya into my life. <3 If he was real, I would run away with him right now. ;) I can't wait to see how this series turns out. Unfortunately, I only have 6 out of the 7 volumes. :( The 7th volume is supposed to be released Sept. 24th according to Amazon. I must put some $$ away and make sure to grab it. ;) Btw, I recommend this series, but I think girls might like it more than guys. It is excellent so far, though. :)

Awww...thanks! I think I was the only one to make a topic about Azumanga. Well...the first, last, and only manga I have ever read was Corrector Yui. It was OK...but I didn't get manga like I do now when I read it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:13 am 
PPT Baby
PPT Baby

Last manga i read was Dn angel or was it Shaman King

Please keep your signature within the 400x100 px. limit.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next