Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fushigi Yugi
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:28 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Is it just lonely little me who likes Fushigi Yugi, or are there some other people too? =P

Anyway, I think it's fantastic ^_^ It's airing here in HK and I'm on episode 20 or 30 something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'll always hold a soft spot for Fushigi Yuugi. To make a long story short, watching that series was pretty much the excuse Scintilla and I would use to justify him coming over weekend after weekend. We were dating by the time we finished it. :P It's also one of the first anime series I ever watched from start to finish.

Good stuff...and if you like bishounen it's great stuff. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:53 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I remember when I first saw that series and was struggling to get fansubs (back before it was liscenses). I stayed up late one night with my friend watching like 20 episodes.

Although I hate Miaka and Tamahome, I do love the other characters, especially Tasuki, Chichiri and Nuriko. I haven't seen OVA 3 yet, has anyone here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

bex wrote:
Although I hate Miaka and Tamahome, I do love the other characters, especially Tasuki, Chichiri and Nuriko.

*chuckles* Me too. :P Along with those three, I also like Hotohori and Amiboshi. Nice boy musical-types fall prey to my inner fangirl (darn monster won't stay in her cage...Back! Stay back you!).

(Though in the grand scheme of things, I'm more in the "dislike Yui" camp then the "dislike Miaka")

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:42 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

Fushigi Yuugi daaaisuki! <3 I have all of it on dvd and some of the original manga (including Genbu Kaiden http://195.230.175.217/~japan/Genbu/Index_e.htm) in Japanese. I remember buying it on VHS the day it was released in the US. It seemed to always take forever for the next volume to come out. The third volume of the OAV is alright. The main reason I like it is because it continues the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:24 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I really like Fushigi Yuugi. Couldn't stand Miaka, and Yui ticked me off most of the series as well (although I liked her in the OVAs), but I still liked the story very well. My favorite characters were Nuriko, Amiboshi/Suboshi (it's been a long time, I can't remember which is which), and Tetsuya and Miaka's brother. Those two made the show. ^_-

FY was one of my earliest fully-watched anime series. I used to only watch magical girls series, mainly because I wasn't sure what else I would like. While I tend to watch other anime now, series like FY, Magic Knight Rayearth, Sailor Moon, and of course Utena, still reside in my list of favorite anime series.

BTW, anyone else a fan of the hilarious omake shown in the first OAV? The trip to the the hot springs? I need to rewatch those sometime, they crack me up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:52 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I thought I was all alone in liking fushigi yuugi. I really like it I don't know how many volumes there are though so i don't now how close I am to being done with the series. Right now I am working on volume 7. Could someone tell me how many books there are?

Awesome sig done by DM
Dean Winchester is sooooo f***** hot!!!!! and he is all mine!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:46 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

goddess_Hekate wrote:
I thought I was all alone in liking fushigi yuugi. I really like it I don't know how many volumes there are though so i don't now how close I am to being done with the series. Right now I am working on volume 7. Could someone tell me how many books there are?

Sorry I didn't notice this earlier ^_^;; There are 18 volumes of Fushigi Yuugi and 3+ volumes of Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden. I don't know what volume they're at in english as I only have the japanese. Somebody (I'm assuming VIZ) is releasing Genbu Kaiden in June, too! =) There area also several novels with back stories about the characters (including Eikouden) which were not written by Watase Yuu. They're kinda like offical fafnfics, heh heh. I don't know off the top of my head how many there are, but they're only in Japanese :(

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]