Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Beck?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I have been hearing "Beck" and "I was made to hit in America" everywhere. O_o And from what pictures I've seen (guys with guitars), I have a feeling I'd love it....

So...what is it about and is it any good? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Deeming myself as the resident BECK expert, I'll fill you in on a few things.

The story focuses on a shy fourteen year old by the name of Koyuki, who is your typical Japanese schoolboy. After helping a strange dog (Beck) find its owner, named Ryusukke and his sister Maho . All three of them share a common interest in world rock sensation 'Dying Breed' or DyBre for short. After Ryusukke's band 'Serial Mama' breaks up over conflicts between him and band member Eiji, both of them vow to form the greatest band ever. Ryusukke loans Koyuki a worn-out guitar. Joined with Taira the basist, Chiba the vocalist, and Saku the drummer their quest for fame begins.

There's a summary without giving too much away, the show's fantastic; one of my favorite anime. Its plauged with Engrish, but so are lot of shows like this. The theme song, and Beck himself, are very fun and enjoyable as well. 26 episodes are currently scheduled, and the most up-to-date fansubbing group is Shinsen with 24.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:05 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I started watching the anime but the horrible Engrish made me stop. The manga it MUCH better though, and has been picked up. It goes WAY WAY beyond where the series ends (last time I checked it up 17+ volumes, not sure where the anime ends).

Anyway, my favorite is Taira, but Saku rocks as well. I'm not a big fan of Ryuusuke though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ARGH! I heard the opening theme fro the first time this morning. I can't get it out of my head! All day...singing/whistling just that line over and over.

"I was made to hit in Americaaaaa. I was made to hit in Americaaaaa. I was made to hit in Americaaaaa. I was made to hit in Americaaaaa." :cry:

Good thing I actually like the song. XD

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]