Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Clamp
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:17 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Personally I love their style...
The drawing is just amazing, especially in X/1999, but I also like Chobits' style.
I've read X, Chobits, Gohou Drug, 20 menso ni onegai and watched the anime of CC Sakura, and they're all good (apart from 20 menso ni onegai, but it's just 2 numbers...)
I also downloaded a short story about an ice princess, but I don't remember the title right now...
I just wanted to know what do you think about them :D and if you've got any news on their latest works

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

Post subject: Re: Clamp
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Wind wrote:
I also downloaded a short story about an ice princess, but I don't remember the title right now...

Ah, Shirahime-Syo. That's a good book. :) I have it in hard cover.

I love CLAMP. Although some of their stories can tend to have a similiar theme or drag on a little in the plot, they are always worth reading. Their art is just gorgeous. I've just read Wish, Shirahime-Syo, Miyuki-chan in Wonderland, Magic Knight Rayearth, Clover, and watched Cardcaptor Sakura, Miyuki-chan in Wonderland, and bits and pieces of their other anime, but nothing else in full. Tim has read a lot more of their work. He's read: Angelic Layer, Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits, CLAMP School Defenders: Duklyon, CLAMP School Detectives, Clover, Magic Knight Rayearth, Man of Many Faces, Shirahime-Syo, and Wish. I just realized he hasn't read Miyuki-chan yet. I must get on him about that. :) He's read a lot more than I have, but I've seen more of the anime.

Has anyone read Suki? It's a series I have been looking at, but I'm not sure if I want to get it yet or not. X/1999 is also on my list, but unfortunately, it keeps being put aside for more current work. I must bump it up. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I read the first book of Suki. It seems like a good story. I just haven't have the time or money to invest in it. I've been preoccupied with my Imadoki and Hana Kimi obsession.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Waiii! I LOVE clamp, they're my favorite authors. Nearly all my manga collection is their series'. Let's see what I can remember...
In full I've read Chobits, Angelic Layer, Wish, Shirahime-Shou, Shin Shunkaden (aka Legend of Chun Yan), Clover, Suki Dakara Suki, and Miyuki-chan in Wonderland.
Stuff I'm still reading...Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, xxxHolic, Tokyo Babylon, RG Veda, X(/1999), Rex Kyouruu Mongatari, and Gouhou Drug (but I think they've quit on that one -_-).

Suki is rather...boring. I bought it for frivolous reasons (to scan the covers...). It's the only clamp series I've read that has nothing no magic or paranormal...stuff. After I read it I actually lost quite a lot of respect for Nekoi (who illustrated it), the art was kinda...poor compared to the other series she's illustrated.

I don't know if I could recommend X. It's definitely an excellent series with wonderful art, but...er, it looks like they've quit on it (at a VERY BAD cliffhanger too -_____-).

And I've got lots of news on their latest stuff. What would you like to know about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:25 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Marissa wrote:
And I've got lots of news on their latest stuff. What would you like to know about?

Everything... If they started new works, continued old ones, if there's any artbook coming...

Also, what do you think about Tokyo Babylon? It's been published in Italy some years ago and I was thinking about buying it, but I don't know if it's worth it...

Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gadzooks yes. It's their 15th anniversary of being published. Right about now, they're releasing a ton of fun things, clear posters, pencil boards, a few re-released manga books. And there's Clamp no Kiseki (Clamp's Miraculous, I don't get it either), that's a magazine set of...stuff (haven't seen it just yet), which supposedly contains manga and color illustrations, along with little figurines that will eventualy come together to make a chess set.
Right about now they're only working on two series, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle and xxxHolic. Tsubasa's the more popular by far because it's an enormous crossover, probably at least one crossover from every one of their works (O_o). xxxHolic is...odd but I like it better. Supposedly about the origins of Clow Reed, but it's almost 60 chapters in and only very scant mention of him so far. O_o
Hm...from what I remember, there's only going to be one really new artbook from them, the 4th CC Sakura artbook, that'll be in...November I believe. What's probably of more interest to non-Japanese readers is that TokyoPop has liscenced their two slightly old artbooks from 2001, Clamp North/South Side. Those will be published in English in January '05.

Anyway, on to what you probably wanted to know more. Tokyo Babylon is not bad, but it's really not my favorite from them. The art is kinda old and I'm not exactly fond of it. And what probably sucks the most is that it's the prelude to X, so if you read X first, you're already spoiled. The plot, though, is extremely good, good character development balanced with enough action to keep you interested, and a little mystery to keep you reading ^^.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:30 am 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: PinkPT. Except when I'm not on PinkPT. No, wait. I'm confused.
I've read some of there stuff, and its good. I really liked Chobits.

Lovely set by the equally lovely Silja!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:52 am 

I liked 'Watashi no suki na Hito' Which is in English now, it's a bunch of short comics and essays on love. Very short but sweet with a few colour pages.

I am a CLAMP-o-holic, I just adore the art. Card Captor Sakura I particularly love! <3

"Living by my wits I was not getting far, I thought I'd do better living off my charms." -World/Inferno F.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:32 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

Location: PinkPT. Except when I'm not on PinkPT. No, wait. I'm confused.
TheEaterofWorlds wrote:
I liked 'Watashi no suki na Hito' Which is in English now, it's a bunch of short comics and essays on love. Very short but sweet with a few colour pages.

I am a CLAMP-o-holic, I just adore the art. Card Captor Sakura I particularly love! <3

Its called "The one I love" here. But...ten dollors for that little thing? My familys to tight on money for it! :cry:

Lovely set by the equally lovely Silja!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:40 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

CLAMP!!! The only people which shoujo manga I actually like. It's true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:11 am 

I like there more recent mangas released in english. Like xxxHolic,Tsubasa,The one I love, and Legal Drug. But I am also quite fond with CCS and MKR.

Image Haro Haro Haro!
Current Avatar: Yomi from Azumanga Daioh
Current Sig: Flonne and Etna from Disgaea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:01 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'd like them to finish X... :cry: I've read up to volume 17 now, and it's getting better and better

Support Roo Island!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:08 pm 

I love CLAMPS' drawing style but I always have the feeling they start something and then only finish it half-heartedly. I just finished the WISH manga series last night and it totally felt like they just cut it and just tied some lose knots together. All the story plotines they started in the first two books led noewhere in book 3 and 4.

Other than then I'm reading Tokyo Babylon, XXX Holic, Chobits, X(/1999) and also SUKI (@Jasujo, I warn you you might get diabetes after reading it, if a loopy girl that thinks everyone is super is everything is great annoys you easily, don't get it ;))

So far WISH is the only manga series I have finished since I go along with the releases and there is only so much I can order with Amazon at a time ;) There's still other artists than CLAMP... ;)

Those who still think listening isn't an art should see if they can do it half as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:36 am 

i <3 clamp and i'm currently looking for wish. i've read so much i forgotten most of them

~Don't look now but you're walking on water~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:02 pm 
PPT Trainee
PPT Trainee

From CLAMP I've read parts of X/1999, Angelic Layer, CCS, CSD, Clover, Chobits, Tsubasa, and XXXholic. The only full thing I've ever read was Wish. They are really great artists.

(He who fights with monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster). And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next