Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 1:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Azumanga Daioh
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I just finished reading all four volumes of this manga and I have to say that I love it! :) My favorite characters are Chiyo-chan, Sakaki, and Osaka. This series was *so* funny. I'm not going to ruin the ending, but I was a bit sad. At certains points near the end, I almost cried. That little Chiyo-chan just pulls at your heart strings. ;) Most of the loose ends were tied up really nicely as well.

I would greatly recommend this manga if you want to read something funny. It's hilarious! Now I just have to get my hands on the anime. ;)

Btw, has anyone here read all of the manga and watched the anime? I'd be interested to know if the anime followed the manga (same stories), prequelled it, continued it, if it was totally seperate, or just different stories during the same time period. Anyway, I'm sure it's hilarious. ;)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:29 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Azumanga Daioh's manga is much different than other manga. They use a 4 panel comic for one situation. The anime has more flow than the manga because they can't possibly fit the situations in the anime into 4 panels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Anime seems to follow the manga, but I think a few of the story lines are out of order. I may be mistaken, though. They also skip some of the random things that happen. As Soujiro said, though, it makes the anime flow nicely. I believe the fifth disc comes out soon. I'm excited. I need to start buying the discs again, though. I want more pins for my box set collection. ;D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:12 pm 
PPT Toddler
PPT Toddler

I've read the manga and all the DVDs that are currently available.

robot wrote:
The Anime seems to follow the manga, but I think a few of the story lines are out of order. I may be mistaken, though. They also skip some of the random things that happen. As Soujiro said, though, it makes the anime flow nicely.

I agree with that. I think some things might be cut, and I think there might some parts added, but don't take my word on that. I'm not always the most reliable person when it comes to those things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, I think a few things had been added as well, not a lot, though. I can't wait for the class trip episode. I want to see the anime's spin on Sakaki and the cat problem. I loved that part of the manga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:55 pm 
PPT Student
PPT Student

The class trip to Okinawa was really good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:04 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Waah, you're making me jealous, Jas! I really want to read Azumanga. It looks so good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The manga is very, very good, at least in my opinion, of course.

Post subject: Re: Azumanga Daioh
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:39 am 

Jasujo wrote:
Btw, has anyone here read all of the manga and watched the anime? I'd be interested to know if the anime followed the manga (same stories), prequelled it, continued it, if it was totally seperate, or just different stories during the same time period. Anyway, I'm sure it's hilarious. ;)

The anime largely parallels the manga in that it tells the same stories, though I think it may add some new ones to fill 26 episodes. It's also kind of similar in format, in that every episode is really made up or 5 4-minute-long mini-episodes (that's the format in which they originally showed on Japanese TV) that, while they flow well enough into each other, can also stand alone (generally).

Anyway, I've now got volumes #1-5 of the DVDs (plus box), and 6 comes out in late November. Fun, fun stuff. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

We just got the first Azumanga Daioh dvd. The girls are all home because of a snow/ice day and I want to watch it badly. :) I'm not sure if it's appropriate, though. I've read all of the manga, but that was a while ago. I don't remember anything they shouldn't see, but I'm not sure. lol

On the case it's rated 13+ for mild violence and mature situations. That doesn't tell me much, though. lol We've let the girls watch a lot of anime that was supposed to be for older kids. (I feel the ratings don't give kids enough credit, so we choose what they watch by our opinions and what we view their maturity level as.) The only thing I can think of is the perverted male teacher, but he doesn't really do anything in the manga.

So, the question is, what do you think? My girls are 2, 3, 5 1/2, and 7, but are mature for their ages (meaning we don't baby them) and very intelligent. Do you think Azumanga Daioh would be okay for them to watch? Also, which parts might be questionable?

Until I get some opinions, we're going to have a My Little Pony marathon. ^.^ We just got the first season box set on dvd and we can't wait to watch it. :)

Image Image
<3 Divas rock! Click to join. <3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

There isn't a lot that would be considered inappropriate for the girls minus a few random scenes which I doubt they would understand to begin with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

All the same, Mr. Kimura gives me the hibbly jibblies. ~:>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, but that's because he's a mouth breather and he just hovers all the time. >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:51 am 
PPT God
PPT God

I've been told many times the manga and anime version are both great. I haven't had a chance to read/watch any yet. Although my friend did send me on the themes (not sure if it's the opening or closing) to the anime and I liked it. :P

Set by Moogie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: in the past, the present and longing for the future
:O I want to watch it! My anime friend (because he has SO many animes :P) has them ^w^ I heard it's really funny. There's also this deviantart flash about it. *scruffles around for link*

I think it's this :P

memories of yesterday; because you've left me at the beginning

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next