SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:12 am

Herodotus - The Histories

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:13 pm

KAMiNix2 wrote:I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird. My stepdad knows the author and really wants me to read it...even though in two years we'll be reading it in school.

AHHHH!!!! I'm infinitely jealous =(.

Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:50 pm

Maximum Ride, by James Patterson. It's really good.

Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:04 pm

I just got Anne Bishop's newest book in the mail from Amazon -- Belladonna. I adore her writing. Anne never fails at telling a fabulous story. As a warning, don't pick it up if you are easily offended. Lots of graphic stuff in there intended for an adult audience.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:36 pm

Flags of Our Fathers by James Bradley. It's an assignment for US History, and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:26 pm

Emma - Jane Austen. It's a set book for my English course and its going very s-l-o-w-l-y. :oops:
I tried to read this book about 4 years ago and didn't get past the first chapter. Hopefully it will get better, I'm forcing myself to get to the bottom of the page.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:08 am

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Good, so far! :D

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:29 pm

Godel, Escher, Bach.

Slow, but good.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:44 pm

In Cold Blood - Truman Capote

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:45 am

Re-reading the Horus Heresy series* while I wait for the fourth book;
"Flight Of The Eisenstein"

Horus Rising.
False G-D's.
Galaxy In Flames.

Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:52 am

The Children of Men. It's decent, but it would be a lot better if it weren't so darn flowery. I'm hoping the language gets a little simpler once I get past the exposition.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:19 pm

Horus Heresy: Galaxy in flames.

Again.

Let the galaxy burn!
Death to the false emperor!
Blood for the blood G-D!

etcetera etcetera

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:53 pm

*coughcough*

I'm quite ashamed of myself, but I've put both Hexwood and Neverwhere on hold AGAIN, to read other books- currently, I'm reading The Key to the Golden Firebird by Maureen Johnson. :)

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:19 am

Invisible Man - Ralph Ellison

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:29 pm

Uncle Xyzzy wrote:Godel, Escher, Bach.

Slow, but good.

:o Is that the book subtitled "The Golden braid" or "The eternal golden triangle" or something to that effect? I thought I was the only one on the planet to read that!

Fascinating, although some of the mathematics bogged me down a bit (I'm a musician, I don't do math) and I don't think I really got all of the comparisons and analogies they were trying to make until I gave it a second read. The "fables" don't make a lot of sense unless you know what the author is going for with the related math, art, and music. But still, one of the most mind-expanding books I've ever read. A+

I think I'll give that one another read one of these days when I feel bored with my life. :)
Topic locked