SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:07 pm

I liked it. My English class started reading it last year in school but I went ahead and finished the book before the rest of the class. I believe we started reading it too close to exams and the rest of the class didn't get half way through. O.o

Anyway, I found it kind of boring at first but after a certain point I got into it and enjoyed it.

Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:10 am

hehehe i ADORED this book, for me, i can see why its a classic, my biggest moan was that our year didn't get to study it, it was a year 11 text, but when i got to year 11, they then made it a year 10 text *mutters at english teachers* anyway i think i liked it better because i got the book for 10c very good value :P

but then i think my mum threw it out, because its not around anymore :( so i have to go to the library to get it... *sigh*

but i liked it :) it beat all my other english books hands down. i think it helps of you don't actually study stuff, more people dislike stuff after they study it, although some do grow to love it.

Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:29 am

I love this book. Of all the classics I've read, I have to say that it is my favourite.
I read it 2 years ago for school, and just now borrowed it from my english teacher to read again over spring break on my own time.
Topic locked