SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:12 pm

Sweetblood - Pete Hautman

It's a reread from a couple years ago. Hautman is one of my favourite authors, and I've enjoyed nearly everything he's written. I really like Sweetblood, but Lucy (the mc) bothers me a bit.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:27 pm

Noughts and Crosses - Marlorie Blackman (I think...:P)

I started off and it sounded a bit stupid, so I flicked to the back page and JESUS O.O What an ending!! So I carried on reading, and it's getting much better! Excellent.
Last edited by jellyoflight on Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:29 pm

Emma, I told you it was good, you coulda asked me and I woulda said it gets better and you wouldn't have had to spoil the ending. Hmph. (And it's Malorie Blackman. ;P)

I'm reading High Deryni by Katherine Kurtz. I should be reading Animal Farm, as it's the only book from the library I have left that I have't read yet, and they're due back on Friday, but I really haven't been in the mood for it. :P

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:55 pm

I'm actually reading another classic-- The Catcher in the Rye, by J. D. Sallinger (no clue if that's spelled right). My favorite band (3 guesses...) has a song about it, called Who Wrote Holden Caulfield, and it made me want to read the book. It's not the best, but it's all right...

Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:47 am

Robin wrote:I'm actually reading another classic-- The Catcher in the Rye, by J. D. Sallinger (no clue if that's spelled right). My favorite band (3 guesses...) has a song about it, called Who Wrote Holden Caulfield, and it made me want to read the book. It's not the best, but it's all right...

Salinger. You were close. :)

Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:33 am

I've just started reading The Dilbert Future by Scott Adams. So far it hasn't intrigued me as much as The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, which is the last book I read, but it's interesting, nonetheless.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:24 am

Alex wrote:Ibsen - A Doll's House.

Actually not that bad, for an English/Literature text.

Ho hum, we read that for English last term. :)

Finished The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo. I thought it was rather cute. :P

Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:11 pm

Lillie wrote:

And now we're reading it in English. We're also watching the movie; it's quite interesting.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:35 pm

Sphere, by Michael Crichton.

Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:40 pm

A bunch of textbooks. :(

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:13 am

Da Vinci Code, it's thrilling! :o

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:00 am

Dragonfire wrote:
Lillie wrote:

And now we're reading it in English. We're also watching the movie; it's quite interesting.

I think we're going to watch the movie in a couple of weeks - our assessment is an essay on 'adaptions and transformations', I believe.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:35 am

I did my senior paper in college on Ghosts by Ibsen and Medea by Euripedes. It was about motherhood and such-like. If you like A Doll's House, then give Ghosts a read. :)

Anyhoo...I'm reading Suffer the Children by John Saul and Drama City by George Pelecanos. Good books, both of them. I have a hard time reading one book at a time. Something to do with my short attention span, I suppose. I'm in the middle of a couple others, but I haven't picked them up in weeks, so I suppose they don't count. :)

George Pelecanos, by the way...if anyone likes The Wire on HBO--he's the writer. His books are awesome. The characters are just as real and fleshed out as the TV series, and the dialogue is great, as well.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:35 am

Lifeguard - James Patterson
Chronicles of Narnia - C.S Lewis (All I have to say about the ending is..Holy crap :o )

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:28 am

I'm reading 'The Plot Against America' by Philip Roth. No, it's not one of those 9/11 books *again*, but instead focuses on Lindbergh's presidency and his friendship with Hitler. It's immensely interesting, I suggest it for a plane journey, :D
Topic locked