SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

American Splendour (Comics)

Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:23 am

Has anyone read these? I read one after seeing the movie American Splendour, which is about the maker of the comics.
I read the one called Unsung Hero, which gave me a contribution for a short serious comic of my own. Very cool... and it's all real, I think.

I posted this here because comics are definitely an entertainment and art form of themselves, but they fit in pretty well among books.

Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:55 pm

I haven't read them, or seen the movie, but it's one of my mate's favourite movies. I hadn't seen it as I don't have a DVD player, but now we've got one I shall be purchasing the DVD ASAP.

I've had many anecdotes from it.

You know when his nerdy friend goes on like a 200 mile trip to see the movie Revenge of the Nerds? Gold.

Tue Dec 28, 2004 3:39 am

Igg wrote:I haven't read them, or seen the movie, but it's one of my mate's favourite movies. I hadn't seen it as I don't have a DVD player, but now we've got one I shall be purchasing the DVD ASAP.

I've had many anecdotes from it.

You know when his nerdy friend goes on like a 200 mile trip to see the movie Revenge of the Nerds? Gold.

Definitely. I loved the movie, but the comics are like, more serious.

Hey, PPT should really have a comic section XD
Naaah. Too obscure, I guess.
Topic locked