SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Good Reads =3

Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:34 am

Redwall- All 17- Sure the plots sort of repetitive- but It still is awsome!

The Sight- Who DOESN'T love freakishly awsome wolves with powers?

The Guardians of Ga'Hoole- Short but sweet.

Warriors- LOVE. It's about wild cats- but with meaning.

Harry Potter- Awsome after the 1st book =D

Well. Thats all for now.

Any books a young reader would like? =x
Last edited by Lunah on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:14 am

I would put Harry Potter up there aswell? Who wouldn't want to follow the adventure of a magical young boy who always seems to cheat death?

Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:00 am

LOTR (if you can get through the beginning), Series of Unfortunate Events, Eragon, Watership Down, Animal Farm.

Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:36 pm

I've read LOTR (I didn't care for it. Was good-but not to my liking.) I'm currently re-reading Watership Down. Unfortunete Events are eh.

Animal Farm? Never heard of it.

Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:51 pm

The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4 (All the 'Adrian Mole' books are excellent)
Feather Boy - Nicky Singer
Shadowmancer - G.P Taylor
The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents - Terry Pratchet.

Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:25 pm

i_love_starburst wrote:The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4 (All the 'Adrian Mole' books are excellent)

I cannot believe you rate shadowmancer. I thought it was poo. One of the worst books I have ever read. But thats only my opinion.

I would reccommend A short history of nearly everything. By bill bryson.

Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:39 pm

janobi wrote:I would reccommend A short history of nearly everything. By bill bryson.

Great book.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, of course. =)

Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:01 pm

janobi wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 3/4 (All the 'Adrian Mole' books are excellent)

I cannot believe you rate shadowmancer. I thought it was poo. One of the worst books I have ever read. But thats only my opinion.

Meh, it's okay, it's readable. Nah, tis a few stages above poo. *nods*

Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:52 pm

For some great reads, read all of the 79 current Star Wars novels, and the entire Robotech series which is 21 books.
Those are some darn good books!

Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:29 am

I recommend Madeleine L'Engle's boods if you're the type who likes far out.Also Frindle is AWESOME!

Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:54 am

i_love_starburst wrote:
janobi wrote:

I dont understand your post? Are you saying that bryson's short history is readable or shadowmancer??

I just felt that the book had no substance, and virtually no story. Could have been so much better. I felt the author got a little lost in what he wanted to achieve.

Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:13 pm

The Wheel of Time Series is great :) I love Robert Jordan. His books are awesome :D

Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:22 pm

Try Diana Wynne Jones, starting with her Christomanci series. ;)

Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:46 pm

My... my god... You've never heard of Animal Farm??!?!?!!!

:o

*has a copy right here, but it's falling apart >.<*

Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:09 pm

janobi wrote:
i_love_starburst wrote:
janobi wrote:

I dont understand your post? Are you saying that bryson's short history is readable or shadowmancer??

I just felt that the book had no substance, and virtually no story. Could have been so much better. I felt the author got a little lost in what he wanted to achieve.

Hey Jan, we agree- I though Shadowmancer was awful.
Topic locked