SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

What are you reading? Split #9

Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:21 pm

I'm currently reading the DC Comics encyclopedia. Because I am a nerd. But i'm also reading a Pearls before Swine anthology. Holidays are for fun.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:43 am

I'm rereading 1632 by Eric Flint, cause I found it cleaning for the holidays. Ahh alternate history in true sci-fi funness. Insert one modern American small town in the middle of the 30 years war germany.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:26 am

Having read Wheel of Time II yesterday, todays I'm halfway through Wheel of Time III. Both by Robert Jordan.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:27 am

Still reading The Keeping Place. That book is big, yo.

Also, I'm only reading it in bed at night, and I can't concentrate as much because I'm normally dead when I sleep.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:58 am

Stardust by Neil Gaiman- I'm about half way through. Pathetically, this is the first novel by him that I've read yet. But it's gooooood.

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:26 pm

Two by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry and The Secret Life of Oscar Wilde.

Re: What are you reading? Split #9

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:36 pm

ahoteinrun wrote:I'm currently reading the DC Comics encyclopedia. Because I am a nerd. But i'm also reading a Pearls before Swine anthology. Holidays are for fun.
That Dc comic is what im reading

Re: What are you reading? Split #9

Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:05 am

adampate06 wrote:
ahoteinrun wrote:I'm currently reading the DC Comics encyclopedia. Because I am a nerd. But i'm also reading a Pearls before Swine anthology. Holidays are for fun.
That Dc comic is what im reading

...What DC comic? oO

Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:13 am

I'm reading the 1st Circle of Magic book by Tamora Pierce for the nth time. I got The Will of the Empress for Xmas, so I appear to be rereading the circle books.

Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:38 pm

Zora Neale Hurston -- Their Eyes Were Watching God

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:39 am

Just finished Terrier by Tamora Pierce. Surprisingly good- I love Tammy and all, but while her plots are always great, the writing can sometimes be a bit off. In this book? Nuh-uh. Reaaally good.

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:31 am

Xela of Xandra wrote:Just finished Terrier by Tamora Pierce. Surprisingly good- I love Tammy and all, but while her plots are always great, the writing can sometimes be a bit off. In this book? Nuh-uh. Reaaally good.

*stabs you* No fair. I really want to read that, but my library doesn't have it yet :(

I've just started O Jerusalem, the next in the series I've been reading, about Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes. Very good.

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:56 am

Wheel of Time III and IV finished (by Robert Jordan).

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:15 am

I just finished The Day of the Triffids. :)

Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:28 pm

Currently reading Needful Things by Stephen King. This is the second used copy I've bought that the cover has ripped off. I think I have bad luck with this novel. >_>
Topic locked