SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Second Split)

Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:51 am

Misc. HP stuff: JKR's updated her website. At the time of posting, only thing she's updated is the Wizard of the Month, who is Uric the Oddball.

And Mira Nair has been asked to direct OotP, though she hasn't decided whether or not to take the job.

And, of course, continue with the theories, news, and other HP stuff.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:39 pm

twitchy wrote:1.Someone could perform an illegal spell to bring him back...

JKR wrote:Dumbledore (GoF): No spell can reawaken the dead.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:06 pm

Amethyst wrote:

Remember the "properly dead" comment? Nobody can be brought back to life once they are "properly dead", but in Sirius' case at least, falling through a curtian may not count as such.

Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:44 pm

Naniwai wrote:
Amethyst wrote:

Remember the "properly dead" comment? Nobody can be brought back to life once they are "properly dead", but in Sirius' case at least, falling through a curtian may not count as such.

Lupin said he's dead...and Dumbledore referred to the room where the curtain was as the 'Death Room'. And if someone's dead, they're dead, aren't they? What comment are you referring to, anyway? Out of curiosity :P

Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:12 am

I still belive my mirror theary, if Harry had said padfoot instead of sirius and sirius black.......

Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:37 am

Twitchy wrote:I still belive my mirror theary, if Harry had said padfoot instead of sirius and sirius black.......

If I'm correct, the quote goes something like Sirius said blah blah blah say my name not Padfoot said blah blah blah whatever. I'll have to check, but I don't believe that would exactly work either way, considering that he doesn't exactly have the mirror on him.

Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:49 am

d00d! {Penguin Grenade} wrote:
Twitchy wrote:I still belive my mirror theary, if Harry had said padfoot instead of sirius and sirius black.......

If I'm correct, the quote goes something like Sirius said blah blah blah say my name not Padfoot said blah blah blah whatever. I'll have to check, but I don't believe that would exactly work either way, considering that he doesn't exactly have the mirror on him.

How do we know that he had the mirror on him?

Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:59 am

Apparently a passage has been revealed on JK's website.

The first line reads: "He looked rather like an old lion."

It goes on: "There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp."

Could this be the half-blood prince..?

EDIT: But I'm leaning towards the Defence Against Dark Arts teacher now. ;)
Last edited by jellyoflight on Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:05 pm

It could be..I am not sure...

Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:34 pm

Twitchy wrote:
d00d! {Penguin Grenade} wrote:

How do we know that he had the mirror on him?

Siruis did NOT have the mirror with him. This was explained later after his death when Harry tries to contact him.

Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:36 pm

It could be Aberforth, too. Eh. Perhaps not, though. I did think last month that it was him, but wouldn't he be more goat-like, or something? xP

So yeah. Probably the DADA teacher.

Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:59 pm

Ok, there are a billion ways to bring Sirius back, but most are unlikely. I've heard EVERYTHING from it-wasn't-sirius-who-fell-but-really-someone-using-polyjuice-potion, to getting a favor from god and cloning the body to bring him back to, to an ancient potion that Dumbledore didn't mention so he didn't get Harry's hopes up, to Harry using a time turner and I could go on and on.... anyway, if she wanted to do it, she could.

Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:10 pm

Robin wrote:Ok, there are a billion ways to bring Sirius back, but most are unlikely. I've heard EVERYTHING from it-wasn't-sirius-who-fell-but-really-someone-using-polyjuice-potion, to getting a favor from god and cloning the body to bring him back to, to an ancient potion that Dumbledore didn't mention so he didn't get Harry's hopes up, to Harry using a time turner and I could go on and on.... anyway, if she wanted to do it, she could.

I think the Harry using the timeturner soudns fairly plausible.

Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:24 pm

I, personaly, hope Sirius never comes back. This may sound really heartless, but it would be terrible if he did. I loved Sirius as a character, and I cried at the part where he died, but I think he needs to stay dead. It would provide SO much more emotional fuel for Harry...

Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:23 pm

Amethyst wrote:I, personaly, hope Sirius never comes back. This may sound really heartless, but it would be terrible if he did. I loved Sirius as a character, and I cried at the part where he died, but I think he needs to stay dead. It would provide SO much more emotional fuel for Harry...

*Resists urge to yell at you* Ok, I see what you mean, but I'll be MAD if he is dead, I loved him too.....yes, like that :P Bite me if you disagree
Topic locked