SHHH!!! Can you read? Want to prove it? Meet fellow book worms and discuss the literary brilliance of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
Topic locked

America (The Book)

Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:48 am

Does anyone own this book other than myself? I just finished it last night. I love it! It's such a great work of satire. I like how Samantha Bee pops up every so often in the margins and talks about how it's done in Canada, Stephen Colbert's guide to being a TV journalist, and the entirety of Chapter Nine. The 'school textbook' touches at the beginning (chapter overview, 'this book has been issued to' stamp) make it feel genuine, but the book is too new to be a textbook used at my school.

In summary: anyone else here own America (The Book)? If so, do you like it or not?

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:13 am

I've read bits and pieces of it. I lost alot of respect for Jon Stewart during the elctions, but you'll get no argument from me that he's one of the smartest comedians out there today.

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:02 pm

Are you talking about his turn on Crossfire, or how Bill O'Reilly (grrr) basically challenged him on The O'Reilly Factor? For Crossfire, he handled the situation pretty well. For the O'Reilly Factor: Bill O'Reilly is full of it and I think Jon Stewart knows this.

I still like the guy. He's great. He's a good standup, too, if you can find any of his comedy routines. They may be outdated (since he took over The Daily Show in 1998 he hasn't had much time for standup) but they're still hilarious.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:53 pm

I've looked through it... I'm now scarred for life however... I didnt think they would actually put NUDE PICTURES OF OLD PEOPLE in the book...

:o :roflol:

Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:33 am

That's the very reason they don't sell it at Wal-Mart, my friend! Hey, at least it's only two pages long. It could be much worse: THE ENTIRE BUSH ADMINISTRATION NAKED. But it's not that bad (thankfully).
Topic locked