Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split, finally!)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:35 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I'm curious about the mirror too... will it show the past, so that Harry can see Sirius talking to Regulus or James? Will he actually be able to communicate with Sirius either by talking, seeing, or writing? Did Sirius leave a message to Harry in the mirror? So many things I want to know!

I can't wait for July 21. I'm such a dork about it. :D

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I wish you'd posted that bit about Aberforth in spoilers. Because I hadn't known that and I wish I didn't know that. To me thats not 'common' information. *sighs*

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sorry, Inrun--I read that ages ago, right after OotP came out, so didn't think of it as a spoiler. My bad :(

I am, and forever will be, The Queer Alpaca
they/them

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:45 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Eh. I really do try to avoid spoiler threads. So ya know, anything that 'could' be a spoiler and isn't speculation, should probably be put into spoiler tags. Especially on this thread.

Evisceration is a sign of respect.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:08 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mugglenet.com has posted what is supposedly the first page of DH. I'm not gonna post it, even in spoilers, for the simple reason that I'd have to read it to post it. If you choose to post it, keep in mind that it is NOT CONFIRMED as true.

I am, and forever will be, The Queer Alpaca
they/them

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:49 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Robin wrote:
Mugglenet.com has posted what is supposedly the first page of DH. I'm not gonna post it, even in spoilers, for the simple reason that I'd have to read it to post it. If you choose to post it, keep in mind that it is NOT CONFIRMED as true.

It seems like JKR's writing style, but you can never be sure. If it is true...
Who do you think the taller man is, and what side is he on?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:09 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Byakuya San wrote:
Robin wrote:

It seems like JKR's writing style, but you can never be sure. If it is true...
Who do you think the taller man is, and what side is he on?

I personally think he's talking to another Death Eater. At first, I thought it was Lucius... but that also seems slightly doubtful. It can't be Wormtail, as he was always described as short. Maybe its Bellatrix's husband, Rodolphus (?) LeStrange? Maybe he is talking to Aberforth, Dumbledore's brother. Could be many different people!

Less than a week to go! I honestly am going to try my very best to avoid the internet and all forms of media until I finish the book. I don't feel like having some schmuck ruin the end of the story - especially because I've been waiting since The Prisoner of Azkaban was released to find out the answers.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:45 pm 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

There's rumours going around about legit spoilers being around on the internet, and apparently a copy of the actual book?

I saw one sentence on ONTD over at LJ, and I'm hoping to god that it isn't true -.- Otherwise, I'm steering WAY clear of spoilers, and I'm trying to avoid as many LJs as possible where I'm going to get spoiled.

I'm working this Saturday sadly though :( So I'm going to Kmart to get the book at 9am, reading it for 4 or so hours before I have to drive to work, then taking it with me to read on my break. Then when I get home at about midnight I'm going to continue reading it until I've finished. And THEN I will get onto the internet.

At least I'm a fairly fast reader? XD I'll probably re-read it after a couple of days, but I want to get through the book properly so that I can safely go back online.

And if I don't like the book..there's always fanfiction out there ;)

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:14 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

I'm a bit suspicious of the paragraph posted on Mugglenet, it's not like Jo to
star a book not from Harry's point of view and plunging straight into actions. Usually she describes the surroundings first, like in GoF and HBP.

Anyway, for the first year ever I'll be at home when the book comes out, and I'll have internet access. This means I'll pull a Harry Potter marathon and read through all of the day, because I want to stay 100% spoiler free. The past two books have been great because I was on vacation, so I didn't have my computer nearby and nobody spoiled anything to me.
I've already started avoiding all Harry Potter websites apart from Mugglenet, just in case, and even there I should stop reading the comments :P

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:22 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Wind wrote:
I'm a bit suspicious of the paragraph posted on Mugglenet, it's not like Jo to
star a book not from Harry's point of view and plunging straight into actions. Usually she describes the surroundings first, like in GoF and HBP.

Anyway, for the first year ever I'll be at home when the book comes out, and I'll have internet access. This means I'll pull a Harry Potter marathon and read through all of the day, because I want to stay 100% spoiler free. The past two books have been great because I was on vacation, so I didn't have my computer nearby and nobody spoiled anything to me.
I've already started avoiding all Harry Potter websites apart from Mugglenet, just in case, and even there I should stop reading the comments :P

Well... off hand... I think that Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone and the Half Blood Prince both started from a non-Harry perspective.

But yeah, Mugglenet and the Leaky Cauldron are the only ones I trust. I'm still going to avoid TV and such -- they simply don't care for the most part. I remember that I didn't get a chance to see the season finale of Lost because I had to be at work at 7am the next day. I woke up at 5am, turned on the news, and started to get ready. The bleepbleeps on ABC news did an ENTIRE RECAP of the show while my hands were full so I couldn't turn it off. I don't trust the media; they'll spoil it for me somehow.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:32 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Apparently somebody got hold of a copy of the book and then scanned the whole book, before they posted it on 4chan...& it seems to be the real deal, digi-cam photo'd. So if it's out there for people to read then I am expecting spoilers to begin emerging :S

I guess we can hope it's false, and it might well be a fake (although who would pay a professional just one book together for this? @_@)...but be careful ._.

that's me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
There's definitely some legitimate stuff from the book floating around--chapter art, at the least, and a lot of people agree the table of contents that's been shown is authentic, though it looks a little odd(the chapters are listed mostly as 15 pages apart, which is a tad short, and the names are a little...unRowlinglike to me).
Right now there's a lot of debate as to whether scans of the last part of the book which surfaced on 4chan are real. I'm pretty sure they're not. I mean...Harry exploding in a volcano? C'mon.
(No, that's completely not what happened in the scans. I just like randomly scaring the unspoiled. If I do any spoiling for real, I'll put it in spoiler tags and probably put SPOILER ALERT all over the place.)

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:12 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

I read in the comments of cleolinda's LJ post (I think it was her - otherwise it was over at ONTD) that someone had 'fessed up about the 4chan thing and how they did it. Dunno if it's true or not though, and I don't exactly feel up to the challenge of googling it, because I'm certain to be spoiled that way.

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:36 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I just had a brainstorm about the prophecy!

Everyone assumes the prophecy refers to Harry and Voldemort. I think it only does indirectly.The "Neither can live" means Lily and James and the "while the other survives" means Harry - hence it was already fulfilled. I was always a bit put off that she used the word "survives" -- that means there was a risk of death that was avoided... I think a failed avada kedavra fits that.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:02 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Alex wrote:
I read in the comments of cleolinda's LJ post (I think it was her - otherwise it was over at ONTD) that someone had 'fessed up about the 4chan thing and how they did it. Dunno if it's true or not though, and I don't exactly feel up to the challenge of googling it, because I'm certain to be spoiled that way.

Well, as the current book that's on the internet has been read by the intrepid PuddingofEvil and declared fake(though possibly cooler than the actual book itself), I can imagine the epilogue scans being fake as well.
Matrinka...
Great theory, but the prophecy says "And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives ..." Linguistically, that means only TWO people are being discussed. Also, to fulfill the prophecy, Lily and James would've had to have "died at the hand of" Harry--by Harry's own doing--not by protecting him.
The word "survives" has always struck me as an interesting choice as well, though. I always thought it was used because Voldemort was not really "alive" for so long, but instead was "less than a ghost." And now that Voldemort's risen and is pretty much alive, Harry is the one who is only "surviving" because he can't really live his life while Voldemort's out there. There's also some theory(I don't know if I read it somewhere or just formed it on my own) that with Voldemort being so strong, and having a connection between himself and Harry, Harry will find himself gradually "absorbed" into Voldemort, only surviving for some time as a separate entity, rather than really living.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next