Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:13 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Harry Potter (split, finally!)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:22 am 
Way Beyond Godly
Way Beyond Godly

Someone posted in one of the communities I'm in, and there's a couple of people who've posted links to the book on sites like MegaUpload. I'm so torn between reading to see whether it's a fake, and not wanting to spoil myself in case it is -.-

I haven't even read the spoiler boxes in this thread XD

Gone, forever.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:32 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Alex wrote:
Someone posted in one of the communities I'm in, and there's a couple of people who've posted links to the book on sites like MegaUpload. I'm so torn between reading to see whether it's a fake, and not wanting to spoil myself in case it is -.-

I haven't even read the spoiler boxes in this thread XD

I figured looking at a chapter title was a spoiler - but not enough of one to ruin the book, since the first thing I plan on doing before reading was look at the table of contents. I hate to say it... but I think those scans are 100% real/true. It was too good to be a fake.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The scans, as sad as the whole situation is, might very well be real. Either that or someone took a very, very, VERY long time coming up with an elaborate hoax. I mean, if they did fake it, they wrote over 600 pages of a fake story and did a pretty amazing job of copying Marie Grandpre's artistic style, not to mention they took the time to .

Unfortunately, as a Gaia user, I had the book spoiled for me when some jerk posted an image containing quotes from the book photos about who dies and such.

There are about 900 different "spoilers" flying around, all of which contradict eachother. Guys, if you don't want it spoiled for you, HIBERNATE FROM THE INTERWEBS.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:24 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

That's what I'm trying to do. Unluckily, I've already been spoiled. I was on DeviantArt browsing random stuff, and I clicked on the picture of a certain character (whose name I shall not reveal for obvious reasons >>), I scrolled down to the comments to add my two cents and one of them was like "Spoiler, *** dies". Just like that. I'm a bit heartbroken at the moment. I'd kill the internet, but I hate to miss this chance to discuss the latest theories. Plus, I trust PPT members not to be jerks and not to spoil anything :P
Speaking of which, I filled surveys at both Mugglenet and Leaky about who lives, who dies and what will happen in book 7, I'm curious to see how much I get right :D
I did it for book 5 and it was hilarious to see what I had got right (and wrong, mostly) by the time the book came out.

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:16 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

I had HBP spoiled by a T-shirt site. It said:
Dumbledore dies on p.596. There! I just saved you thirty bucks.
(oh, and did I mention that Snape killed him?)

Thanks to those jerks, I'm not using the internet until I'm done reading Deathly Hallows.

"A lot of people run a race to see who is fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:15 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Well, if those spoilers are true (I wont reveal anything, I'm not that big a nuissance) then.
Well.
Wow. I have a lot of respect for the woman.

@ Wind;
There aren't many characters with that many letters in their name...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Guys, if you've seen a spoiler, take heart: All of them contradict eachother and I highly doubt most of them are true. You'll still enjoy the book. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:45 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

Fiddelysquat wrote:
Guys, if you've seen a spoiler, take heart: All of them contradict eachother and I highly doubt most of them are true. You'll still enjoy the book. :)

Well said :) A couple of the so called manuscripts are fanfics anyway. Having said that, to those of us who haven't been 'spoiled yet'- don't give in to temptation just to be sure. Besides there's now less than 44.5 hours to go!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:19 am 
PPT God
PPT God

Location: I don't know, but there'd better be chocolate. [art by Fiddelysquat]
Fiddelysquat wrote:
The scans, as sad as the whole situation is, might very well be real. Either that or someone took a very, very, VERY long time coming up with an elaborate hoax. I mean, if they did fake it, they wrote over 600 pages of a fake story and did a pretty amazing job of copying Marie Grandpre's artistic style...

Well, it's already happened at least once before. Someone pulled up an old article about the faux-hacking where they confirmed it was a fake, back in May or June.
However, the current book being passed around as the real one is a much better one, so good a lot of intelligent people are considering it a possibility. My current opinion is that parts of it are real, and parts are fake--hence why there are references to things Rowling would not put in a book youngsters will read, but the art is authentic GrandPre and the writing style is generally spot-on Rowling. I'm going to read the "leaked" book after I've read the real one, because it sounds darned cool.
And for now, I'm going to keep hoping that the epilogue I read was A) fake or B) just tacked on so no one could write and publish any more Harry Potter stories, and doesn't detract from the rest of the book.

"Oh, better far to live and die/Under the brave black flag I fly/Than play a sanctimonious part/With a pirate head and a pirate heart."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:36 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Setekh wrote:
@ Wind;
There aren't many characters with that many letters in their name...

I never said the character's name had three letters :P
You were thinking of Ron? I wasn't referring to him, a friend of mine told me that spoilers can't make up their mind about Ron, in half of them he dies, in the others he lives happily ever after.

Anyway, I've just finished rereading HBP. I don't think I'd read it since the release week two years ago...
I ended up crying over the epilogue, I'm sentimental like that. I think I'll have to hide somewhere to read DH, because I know I'm going to cry again :cry: (I'm such a sentimental person...)

Set by Pixa <3 || WWW for previous sets || T-Shirts gallery
Support Roo Island!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:36 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

J K Rowling has taken action against two Shipping companies for releasing over 1000 books on Tuesday.

Some of them spoilers are real...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:51 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Big spoiler in the New York Times, which is about...
the meaning of the title 'Deathly Hallows'
. <---- that is not the actual spoiler FYI! Just what it concerns s'all.

So do not read the review of the book. I did, thinking it would just be banging on about how good the book is...nu-uh :(:( Suddenly started talking about key points in the book, eep!

If anybody does want to know what the spoiler was then you can PM me if you want...but it has ruined a tiny part of the experience for me now that I know :(

that's me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:09 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I went spelunking for the chapter art and came up with an alleged list of who dies instead. :( I'm keeping my hopes up that its fake, since one of the characters listed just seems...too out of the question to die.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:00 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I really really REALLY hope the scans are not the real thing. Since I'm a spoiler addict, I've read the epilouge and browsed through the text. The epilouge was bad enough, then a few minutes ago I've found a part in chapter nineteen that made me want to claw my eyes out.
If it is real...
Honestly, Jo, you KNEW there was no way in hell you could pull that one out and not make it cheesy, yet you did it. Just... why?

(^ that's not really a spoiler, just my opinion on the "chapter nineteen scene" without actually retelling the scene... but I've put that in a spoiler tag, just to be on the safe side.)

My gallery, Chocolate Dreams: click!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:05 pm 

Yup, I can't go on any site without thinking: WILL I FIND SPOILERS?! T_T So I shall hibernate! ~:>

Nyaaaaaa~

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next