Pink Poogle Toy Forum

The official community of Pink Poogle Toy
Main Site
NeoDex
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:00 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Thanks Alex! For the life of me, I couldn't think of who R.A.B. was, but I had a feeling it was a characater already mentioned. I totally forgot about Regulus (btw, great name) Black. This blows, though. The person who hid the necklace was already hunted down and killed. You know, I would'nt be surprised if that thing is in the attic at 12 Grimmauld Place.

But I still want to know what happened to Dumbledore's hand. :( It'd better be explained in the next book.

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

SpiraLethe wrote:
The person who hid the necklace was already hunted down and killed. You know, I would'nt be surprised if that thing is in the attic at 12 Grimmauld Place.

Ahem.

Order of The Phoenix, Chapter Six, The Noble And Most Ancient House Of Black, page 116 American edition:
Quote:
They found an unpleasent-looking silver instrument, something like a many-legged pair of tweazers, which scuttled up Harry's arm like a spider when he picked it up, and attempted to puncture his skin; Sirius seized it and smashed it with a heavy book entitled Nature's Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy. There was a musical box that emitted a faintly sinister tune when wound, and they all found themselves becoming curiously weak and sleepy until Ginny had the sense to slam the lid shut; also a heavy locket that none of them could open, a number of ancient seals and, in a dusty box, an Order of Merlin, First Class, that had been awarded to Sirius's grandfather for "Services to the Ministry."

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:41 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Quote:
Dumbledore said that Voldemort wouldn't know if one of the Horcruxes was destroyed/stolen. Remember, he didn't know about the diary until Malfoy told him.

Hmm this reminds me of something I didn't quite understand. Dumbledore said that Voldemort wouldn't know if a Horcrux was destroyed. However, when they were in the cave, he said that the potion wouldn't kill him because he thinks that Voldemort would want the intruder to remain alive long enough to be questioned (about how he/she managed to get passed the defenses in the cafe).

But how would Voldemort know that anyone was attempting to steal the Horcrux, or even managed to destroy it, if he doesn't have any form of constant awareness of what's happening to one?

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Er, the freaky things guarding it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:49 pm 
PPT Warrior
PPT Warrior

Tharkun wrote:
[i]EDIT: Ack. This means that the Order can't accept any new members, either. >,<

But don't spells undo when the caster dies? Because that's what happened with Harry... So couldn't anyone who knows where it is tell anyone and they could just... pop in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:56 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Sapphire Faerie wrote:
SpiraLethe wrote:
The person who hid the necklace was already hunted down and killed. You know, I would'nt be surprised if that thing is in the attic at 12 Grimmauld Place.

Ahem.

Order of The Phoenix, Chapter Six, The Noble And Most Ancient House Of Black, page 116 American edition:
Quote:
They found an unpleasent-looking silver instrument, something like a many-legged pair of tweazers, which scuttled up Harry's arm like a spider when he picked it up, and attempted to puncture his skin; Sirius seized it and smashed it with a heavy book entitled Nature's Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy. There was a musical box that emitted a faintly sinister tune when wound, and they all found themselves becoming curiously weak and sleepy until Ginny had the sense to slam the lid shut; also a heavy locket that none of them could open, a number of ancient seals and, in a dusty box, an Order of Merlin, First Class, that had been awarded to Sirius's grandfather for "Services to the Ministry."

I thought of that but wasn't sure if I imagined it or not! Good, it's not just me. :)

Igg wrote:

The zombies? ;)

Don't be afraid to see the truth, even if no one wants you to. Be yourself and not a fool. Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind and listen to criticism. Dissent is keeps our country progressive and willingness to challenge yourself is what keeps yourself ever evolving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:50 pm 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
Jen wrote:
Tharkun wrote:
[i]EDIT: Ack. This means that the Order can't accept any new members, either. >,<

But don't spells undo when the caster dies? Because that's what happened with Harry... So couldn't anyone who knows where it is tell anyone and they could just... pop in?

I thought Harry became the secret-keeper. o.o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:07 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Jen wrote:
Tharkun wrote:

I'm willing to bet the Fidelius doesn't work that way, or they would have just killed Sirius and not bothered orchestrating a switch.

EDIT: Personally, I always pictured Fidelius as a ritual spell, even before the whole Flesh, Blood and Bone bit, and ritual spells have mutual casters. I mean, if Pettigrew dies, is Voldemort reduced to his Scaly Baby of Doom form? If Bellatrix dies, is the Unbreakable Vow void? There are still Harry and Voldemort in the former, and Narcissa and Snape in the latter.

Do what you will; but I will hinder it if I may.

-- Eowyn of the Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:25 pm 
PPT God
PPT God

Igg wrote:

I personally thought the zombies were rubbish. Much scarier would have been pale white squid-like things, similar to the thing in the fellowship of the ring. So, as they go across in the boat, they can see the water is teaming with these huge, long pale shapes.

Suitably scary, i would say. Compared to a bunch of dead guys who are lke "oh-er, fire, i'll just die"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:02 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

never underestimate the power of Necromantic creations.
okay, so he went for the lowest of the low as far as they go (Zombies) when he couldve gone for some very nasty things (spirits? Bone giants! Wraiths! :evil: ) but meh.
the thing with zombies, is that they are utterly relentless. (im talking about the ones risen by Necromancy ofcourse)
you blow bits off, and they just get right back up, hands crawling after you, heads rolling and legs hopping! (okay. the last two are kinda funny rather than scary)

and "the squid thing" was called the watcher in the water... or the dark o_O
Balrogs still PWN it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:44 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I had a really ridiculous idea when I was about to fall asleep.

What if the last horcrux is The One Ring?! And Harry has to travel into Middle Earth and destroy it with Frodo =O

Love is blindness. -- Set by my Secret Santa =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:27 am 
Beyond Godly
Beyond Godly

Location: In my room listening to Hardcore Metal Christian music.
Sapphire Faerie wrote:
I had a really ridiculous idea when I was about to fall asleep.

What if the last horcrux is The One Ring?! And Harry has to travel into Middle Earth and destroy it with Frodo =O

Unless Harry can build a giant Time-Turner, that won't work. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Skullsplitter wrote:
Igg wrote:

I personally thought the zombies were rubbish. Much scarier would have been pale white squid-like things, similar to the thing in the fellowship of the ring. So, as they go across in the boat, they can see the water is teaming with these huge, long pale shapes.

Suitably scary, i would say. Compared to a bunch of dead guys who are lke "oh-er, fire, i'll just die"

Yeah, they were crap, but that's how he's meant to know someone's trying to nick it, I thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:07 am 
PPT Student
PPT Student

I suppose JKR couldn't make it too scary. Or she'd get thousands of parents complaining that thier little bratling wet it's nappy all night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Have you EVER read the Magic Faraway Tree?

Enid Blyton has a lot to answer for...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 29  Next